Chapter 19

Techno leaned onto the brick wall of the movie theater, the smell of popcorn and candy hitting him. He was about 10 minutes early than the actual meet time with Dream, apparently, he couldn't stop messing with his hair so Wilbur begged their dad to just take him out early.

He listened to songs with his earbuds and messed around with his phone, playing a few mobile games to keep himself distracted. 

Before Techno had left, Wilbur gave him some extra cash in case Dream and he wanted any food or drinks, but Wilbur also gave him a pack of gum.

-

"What's with the gum?" Techno asked as Wilbur handed it to him.

"Just chew it when you get to the movies, it'll help you calm down. But be sure to take it out before you sit down in the theatre." Wilbur directed.

"I am calm," Techno said although they both knew it was a simple lie. Wilbur simply rolled his eyes, "Just trust me on this yeah? Now get going, Dad's in the car waiting for you." Wilbur said as he started to push Techno out the front door. 

"Wait- I'm a bit early aren't I-" Before Techno could even finish, Wilbur had closed the door on him

-

He thought about the conversation he and Wilbur had and pulled out a stick of gum, unwrapping it, and plopped it into his mouth. It had a nice minty flavor to go with it, Techno at least wouldn't have to worry about his breath smelling bad. He looked down at his phone before he heard a gentle voice.

(A/N: I decided to add my OC, Lavender, into the story. I plan on adding her to my other books ^^ )

"Excuse me?"

Techno looked up to see a girl who looked around his age, she was a bit shorter and had smooth, long, silky black hair, Techno found it a bit strange when there were purple flowers in her hair. She had pale skin and wore a lovely ombre dress that went from a light shade of purple to a navy blue that ended around her knee.

She wore a calm expression and it caught Techno off guard when her wings were revealed. She was a butterfly hybrid, with wings that were beautifully covered with purple and blue, almost matching her dress. 

"Hello, did you need something?" Techno said with his monotone voice.

She smiled softly, almost embarrassed. "If I may, are you single?" She asked. As soon as the words slipped her mouth, Techno heard two others giggle to one another, he assumed it was some kind of dare. Though, yes she was absolutely stunning, but certainly not Techno's type.

"Sorry, I'm not lookin' for anyone right at the moment." He said coldly.

"Ah, what a shame. Thank you for your time then." She bowed slightly and walked to the two that were giggling, the three of them walked away together, one of them patting her on the shoulder.

Techno watched the three for a bit before looking back down at his phone.

"Not your type?"

Techno jerked his head up and looked where the (angelic) voice came from. His red eyes met green ones. Dream was leaning on the wall Techno was on, but instead of making eye contact with him, he watched as the group walked off. Dream was specifically looking at the girl with an intense stare, almost as if he was glaring at her.

"Nah, I prefer someone who's taller," Techno said, taking the time to admire Dream in actual clothes beside a uniform. 

The blond wore a soft green sweater with black ripped jeans that went with a pair of black combat boots. He didn't wear his mask today, which showed his nervous expression. "You didn't wear your mask," Techno said softly, taking his time to awe at the other's facial features. Shiny green emerald scales that went across his cheeks matched his vibrant green eyes. His dirty blond hair was still a bit messy and all over the place, but it suited him well.