Chapter 18

Techno sighed deeply, thinking this was an absolute waste of time now that he thought about it. He couldn't believe he was about to ask Dream to the movies for a 'friendship celebration', what in the hell was he thinking yesterday? Agreeing with his brother's idea.

He was currently judging himself after yesterday's conversation with Wilbur while making his way to Dream's locker. Where Dream would always go after school, don't think to ask why Techno knows his schedule. 

Though he cringed at his yesterday self, there was no going back now. Wilbur had already purchased the tickets and said that they can buy whatever they wanted. Techno felt bad if he told his brother that didn't want to do this anymore, but he tried to look on the good side. Who could turn down a free trip to the movies?

"And good afternoon to you, Techno." He was brought out of his thoughts when he was face to face with a white smiley mask.

"Good afternoon to you, Dream." Said Techno, trying his best to remain still and not look away from the other.

"D'you need something from me? It's pretty rare for you to come visit me by my locker."

"Uh," Techno was thinking of a way to ask him to the movies, but as he was thinking, he kept noticing other students whispering to one another as they gave the two constant looks. He grumbled in annoyance as he kept hearing the words,

Rivals.

Fight.

Enemies.

Detention.

Hate.

.

.

.

Lovers-

The last one threw him off and immediately caused him to snap back into reality. 

"Uh, I needed to ask you something," But without much thinking, he grabbed Dream by the wrist and began to walk down the halls. He didn't actually know where he planned on taking him but after a bit of fast walking down the hallway, he saw the sign that showed the library was up ahead. Perfect.

"Techno- what are you-"

"I'll explain once we get in the library, alright?" Techno said as he turned down onto a different hallway that led to the library. Dream didn't say anything but instead allowed himself to be taken by Techno.

The duo entered the library, finally at peace. The smell of dust hit them both, Techno let out a sigh of relief and nodded to the librarian as a greeting. To which the librarian noticed that Techno was holding Dream by the wrist and gave him a small grin that quickly faded away. The librarian simply nodded and Techno continued to lead Dream to wherever seemed private enough.

"Alright, you dragged me all the way here, what is it you needed?" Dream asked, surprisingly patient with him.

"So, uh." Techno failed to find the words he needed, he shuffled nervously as he left a wave of anxiety wash over him. Dream noticed how the other lacked to make eye contact with him and decided to take off his mask. "Hey, you okay?" Dream asked in a soft voice. Techno looked up and his ruby eyes met vibrant emerald green ones. 

He coughed, trying to distract himself, and suddenly managed to find the words he was needing.

"So, Wilbur ordered some tickets to go see a movie, and he got sick and now he can't come." Techno explained.