chapter 20

Dream and Techno sat down in their seats. The trailers were starting and the two had snacks, popcorn, and drinks, ready for the movie.

"Wow- this is a nice spot," Dream commented as they sat down. It was at the very top of the theatre and in the middle of the row. Techno looked around, they were the only ones at the top, the closest people were about 5 or 6 rows in front of them.

"Yeah," Techno said as he put popcorn into his mouth. The blond got comfortable, relaxing his long tail onto the empty seats beside him. To complete his look, he placed the large pig plush onto his lap. His arms happily hugging it as the two watched silently as the trailers went on. Enjoying their snacks and bag of popcorn that they shared.

---

Techno had absolutely no idea what movie they were watching, Wilbur never told him and just said that it would be a movie they'd both like. The pinkette had his doubts, but Wilbur ensured him that if they didn't like the movie, they could both leave and find another way to 'celebrate'.

The trailers were over, the lights dimmed, and soon turned off. Dramatic music began, the two watched as the movie began to play, occasionally grabbing some popcorn.

(A/N I have no idea what movie they should watch- it's 3 am and I need to make better life choices.)

As the film went on, the duo casually watched. Though, not even 20 minutes had passed when Techno heard the blonde's soft voice softly whisper to him.

"Psst, can you let your hair down? I want to play with it,"

Dream's whisper was as quiet as a mouse, but it was enough to get Techno's heart racing. The pinkette jerked his head and gave the blond a confused look. His eyes widening to see shiny green eyes glowing a soft green hue in the dark.

Thankfully the room was almost completely dark beside the huge screen in front of them. Though it was a bit obvious that Techno had turned into about 3 shades of pink and red, Dream decided not to poke at him.

"Tech?" The blond whispered, tilting his head slightly to the right.

Techno didn't say a word, in fear he would stutter or embarrass himself. He instead reached his hand over his head and undid his bun. Long, silky, pink hair fell down his shoulders. Though it was a bit difficult to see, Techno could make out a smile on the blond's face.

Dream unwrapped his arms around his new plush and gently took the pink hair in his hands. Remembering and enjoying the feeling of when Techno would go over to his house and allow him to braid and mess with his hair.

The two had stopped becoming so violent with one another. Both weren't sure why, but they didn't dislike the atmosphere of it.

Dream braided Techno's hair, neither of them paying much attention to the movie in front of them. The two sat together in silence. Sure, the movie was at a loud volume but the only thing Techno could actually hear was his heart frantically racing.

Without warning, the piglin began to move some of the snacks in between the two before raising the handle that separated them. He turned his body, resting his legs up onto the chairs beside him, his back facing Dream. The blond stared in confusion but soon smiled in excitement when Techno adjusted his hair to fall onto his back. He had fixed himself so Dream had full access to his hair to play with, the pinkette didn't mind since it was also a good way to hide his flushing face.

Dream immediately began to braid, gently dividing the other's hair into 3 parts before starting.

———

"Techno?"

Techno opened his eyes, his eyes met vivid green ones right above his head. He took a long moment to process what was happening. His head was comfortably resting on Dream's lap, his blood-red eyes staring into his.