Body English

Exercise 4 - Body English  

Two people stood in front me, man and woman, so close their breaths would meet. They were a hand away from each other, nearly touching. The sparks flying between them. Their eyes met. Their hands reached out for each other's, joining them, pulling each other closer until they were connected in a hug, their arms wrapped around each other.  

They pulled apart from each other and looked intently at each other before the man's expression fell. His face resembled that of a stone gargoyle, serious yet expressionless. The woman looked anxiously at him, worry written all over her face. Then after what seemed like only four words, her worry flew away and instead her face showed off her anger.  

The fire that had quickly ignited between the two was now evident. The woman glared at the man, her eyes narrowed shooting him daggers. The man, tense looking at her, his hands rising as if to hold her there but she lifted a finger, pressing her nail against his chest, still glaring at him. Her eyes darted down to the finger that was pressed then quickly wrenched her finger away from his chest as if his chest had all of a sudden gotten hotter. Her other hand darted down to her finger pulling something off and throwing it on the ground. My eye caught a quick glimpse of shining silver before she lifted her suede covered foot and stepped on the item.  

I took a quick glance at the man, his eyes filled with sorrow and regret. The woman spun around on her heel, her dark hair whipping his face sharply and walking in the other direction. The man stood, tense, shocked before coming to his senses and running up to her. He grabbed her arm but she turned around, glared at him before wrenching her arm out of his grip.  

I watched as the man fell to his knees, his knees grazing the hard, rough gravel, his head in his hands, tears straying out of his eyes and down his face. I looked back at her, her expression stone hard but I could tell she was trying to stop her own tears from falling. She paused for a second, looking back at the man, kneeling on the ground pouring his heart out before she pulled her coat closer towards her and ran off, never once looking back.