I was done talking. I had told Laurelyn what I knew, and the look of satisfaction on her face was unbearably torturous. I failed them. I failed the Soulmate Circle.
Well.. almost.

"Do you want to get Kassiya back?" Laurelyn's conniving voice brought me out of my thoughts.
"Yes," my answer was automatic.
She smiled evilly, and I knew a plan was forming in her mind. "The Contrust Circle is coming over to a Member's house for a meeting. I know a Member with the Lust Power, that will be very willing to help us. You see; he loves to use his Power." She explained.
And it was then, that I formed a plan. An absolutely foolproof plan that will win me my Kassiya, and will promise a lonely future for Blake Rivers.

But one thing was bothering me, yet relieved me at the same time.
I had almost failed my Circle -- the Soulmate Circle. It hurt to spill my knowledge to a Control Member, who I think is a Member of the Contrust Circle.
But still... I almost failed them.
I had finished my story. The truth that was forced out of me was done being announced. It was over. Laurelyn knew almost everything.
Almost everything.
I had to fight back, and so, with all my inner strength, I managed to save the most important piece of knowledge - the part of the Prophecy, that had not been written down.

Kassiya's POV

I felt strangely comfortable. Much too comfortable.
I don't remember much after having a long conversation with Mr. Rivers, but that's probably because I was dead tired. Having so much knowledge put into your head in one night is exhausting.
A pair of familiar, strong arms tightened their hold around me as I heard a sigh.
I smiled and groggily opened my eyes. "Morning," I mumbled.
Blake weaved his fingers through my hair gently. "Morning," he sounded distant.
I looked up at him and noticed his dark eyes met mine almost immediately. He looked worried. "What's wrong?" I asked.
He shook his head and smiled wearily. "It's nothing," he attempted to brush it off.
It didn't work. "I'll break into your mind if you don't tell me," I threatened half-heartedly.
He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was biting on the inside of his lip - a habit he had that he only did when he was stressed about something. "I'm just worried about the war, you know? No one knows what's going to happen, and I'm worried. What if something happens to you?" He told me.
I immediately wiped away any thoughts I had at that moment. I may have been almost as dead tired as a log last night, but I clearly remembered Mr. Rivers making me promise not to tell anyone about what he told me last night. Especially not Blake. I didn't know why he wanted to keep our revelation a secret, but I couldn't refuse a demand from the Elder.
So with that, I brushed off any thought I had about last night, and focused on Blake, making sure he suspects nothing.
I decided to distract him, that way both him and I would be too busy to think about the war.
I bit down on my lip, a habit I picked up from Blake, except I do it all the time instead of only when I'm stressed. I knawed on my bottom lip while tracing patterns on his bare arm. He was shirtless -- a major distraction for me.
Suddenly, I felt him shiver and his hold tightened. "Stop doing that," he whispered in my ear. His voice sounded husky. I bit back a smile and continued tracing patterns. Anything to keep him distracted.
Although... I didn't have to try to keep myself distracted anymore. Blake's shirtlessness is doing the job for me.
"I'm serious, Bubbles," he said.
I let out a quiet chuckle when I felt something hard press against my leg.
He's so easy to get turned on.
A low growl came from his chest and he rolled on top of me. "I'm not that easy," he protested, resting his forehead against mine.
I twirled my fingers around his and looked up at him. "You're little friend doesn't seem to be agreeing with you, Biffle," I laughed.
His eyes took on a mischievous look. "Do you want me to prove that my friend isn't little?" He offered.
I smiled slyly and fluttered my eyelashes. "Nope," I said.
He lowered his head and pressed his lips to my neck. "Fine then. Let's see how easy you are," I felt him grin against my skin.
My heart burst into a sprint each time he peppered kisses up and down my neck. I knew I would win this challenge.
I just have to fake it.
He shifted around and pressed me into the mattress, lying on top of me with his whole weight. Not that I minded...
"You're not going to win this, Bubbles. Just give up," he murmured, biting gently on the spot behind my ear. A shiver ran up my spine.
Oh dear, I think he's right.
"In your dreams," I managed to say without sounding breathless.
"Every night," his response was instant. He sucked on the corner of my mouth before moving onto the other corner, his lips just barely whispering across my lips. I fought back a sound of impatience.
"You will lose," I taunted.
"I will win," he whispered, his hands tracing circles under my shirt and around my belly button.
I couldn't win this, I realized.
Oh well, if I'm going to lose, I might as well get something from it.
As soon as his hand moved underneath to my back, I grabbed his face with both hands and kissed him hard.
I could feel him fighting back a laugh as he returned it with no hesitation.
"That took about one minute, maybe two," he grinned, his chocolate brown hair falling lazily into his matching eyes.
Only one or two minutes? It felt like more than ten.
He laughed at my thought. "It's called impatience, Bubbles. Get used to it," he mumbled, resting his head against my neck, still on top of me, still crushing me into the mattress.
Not that I minded...
He looked at me, eyes filled with a familar, yet rare emotion in his eyes. He was revealing every emotion he was feeling.
He kissed me, "I love you, soulmate," he whispered.
I smiled, feeling the corner of my eyes crinkle from happiness. "I love you too, soulmate," I whispered back.
Loud, sharp knocks had us both looking towards the door.
"Come down for breakfast," Mr. Rivers' stern voice carried through the wooden door.
Blake laughed, "I bet twenty bucks he did that just to interrupt us," he said.
I laughed with him, but memories of our conversation last night flooded back into my mind. I had a brief burst of panic before smothering it down by pulling Blake down to kiss him.
What? It's the only way to keep my mind off of it...
I pulled back, slightly dizzy. He was grinning goofily at me, not bothering to ask me what my random act was for.
Then again, he probably thinks I just can't resist him.

Eric's POV

Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!
This time, I wasn't talking about Maya.
No... Maya's sexy and hot, not just hot.
Instead, I was talking about the hot chocolate I had bought. Maya and I decided to go to Second Cup. It's one of my favourite places, and I think someone else likes to go here too, but I can't remember.
Oh well, the person is probably not important anyway. I mean, who's more important than Maya?
Something tugged at my mind, but I pushed it away.
Exactly, no one is more important.
I bought Maya a gingerbread latte, which is really gross. I tried it before once, and it tasted nasty.
I wrinkled my nose at her order, yet I couldn't help but smile as the light from the window shone onto her curly, blonde hair. We chose a seat by the window, and I'm glad we did because it makes her look like the sexy angel she is.
So irresistable.
She bit down on her red lips, looking up at me through her lashes.
So damn irresistable!
She eyed the cup of hot chocolate I held in my hands. "That's all you ordered?" She asked.
I laughed and played along with her 'eye of distate'. "Me? You're the one who ordered a gingerbread latte," I wrinkled my nose again.
She grinned, revealing her perfectly straight, white teeth. "Hot chocolates are too simple for my liking. I like complex, and zesty," she winked.
Daaaamn, that's hot.

Diana's POV [cue gasp]

Stupid coldness.
I was rushing towards the inviting doors of Second Cup. I needed my hot chocolate!
I always loved going to Second Cup, mostly because it's my favourite place to go. It's also Eric's favourite place. We go there a lot, and we always sit by the window.
I always liked sitting with him next to the window because the light that shone through it always hit him just right. It always made him look like the honest angel he is.
Eric and I were still going strong, and every time I see him, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have him as a boyfriend, and Kassiya as a best friend.
Without her... I would still be lonely and single.
Wow, I sound so dramatic.
My cheeks must be beet red right now, because as I walked through the doors of Second Cup, people looked at me strangely.
Well hey, it's not my fault that winter has just begun.
I don't take in my surroundings and look around. I have this place memorized anyway. I walked right up to the counter, seeing as there was no line, and ordered my much needed hot chocolate.
I paid my money and grabbed the cup, mentally sighing as the hot cup thawed my frozen fingers.
I turned around with a goofy smile on my face that dropped as soon as I saw them.
They were sitting in our seat, by our window.
She was looking at him, and the light was shining on her head.
Eric and a girl that I didn't know, but just the sight of her made me sick with jealousy. She was practically perfect, with her curly blonde hair that stopped right at her chest -- perfect length for her. She had the body, the full red lips, the pretty eyes...
Who the hell was she?!
Jealousy.
A much hated emotion.
It flared and spiked when I noticed how close they were to each other. They were leaning closer... and closer... and closer.
Yet, Eric's starry  smile was what hurt the most.
He couldn't be cheating on me. Eric's too nice for that, too loyal, too trustworthy. He's been my best friend since grade school. I know he wouldn't cheat on me!
Looking on the bright side always fails if you tend to look at the glass half empty.
Maybe they're close friends, and I don't know her because she lives far away and she's just visiting him for the weekend.
Or even better... they're related!
It was possible...
My optimistic thoughts were crushed, though, when the girl did something half-unexpected.
She kissed him full on the mouth.
I can feel something hot and liquid trailing down my fingers, and I was only half aware that I was crushing something in my hand, but I didn't care.
He wasn't pulling away.
Eric. Wasn't. Pulling. Away.
Instead, he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her back.
I was shocked, I was hurt, and I had been betrayed.
I dropped the crushed cup of hot chocolate and bolted out of the store, feeling the tears streaming down my cheeks.

************************

I bet you're all hating on Maya now, right? Right?
Don't deny it.... you want to rip her head off xD

Alright so, you know the drill !!

Vote
Comment
Fan