Chapter 46 -The Night

"As soon as there is life, there is danger."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

-

Alana's POV

I leaned into Trevor's embrace as we sat on the couch munching on popcorn. We were currently on a movie marathon which I greatly appreciated.

My father...No...Braxton had escaped and he was nowhere to be found. It was really concerning because of the thought that he would hurt me or Trevor was really eating me up from the inside.

The two bodyguards outside have been there and guarding our home really well. I feel very safe and protected by Trevor and so I stopped worrying so much.

My anxiety was coming back a little but I had two sessions and currently I feel that I'm back on track.

I have nothing to worry about essentially.

The police are doing their job, Trevor is here by my side and nothing bad has happened.

I snuggled into Trevor more and closed my eyes.

Savouring the moment to the best of my ability.

For some reason I didn't feel like it would last...

-

Two weeks later and there were no updates on Braxton.

I actually completely forgot that he had fled from prison until I saw that the police were giving a statement on the news,

Damn...

I would say life was more of back to normal and presumably it is believed that Braxton had fled to another country so investigations are on a more international scale now.

Trevor has been reassuring me again and again that nothing would happen and I believed him.

However there was still a unsettling feeling in my gut...

-

That night I got out of Trevor's comfortable cuddle and went downstairs to get a cup of water.

I was feeling parched, probably due to the restaurant we went earlier had maybe put in loads of MSG in their food.

It was good though...

Anyways, I opened the refrigerator and poured myself a cup of cool refreshing water that glided down my throat.

I sighed in content and got ready to go back up until I heard the window break.

The glass shattering made me jump in terror and I froze right on the spot.

Then I saw the a figure walk from around the corner.

"Didn't you miss me daughter?"

Braxton.

How...?

I couldn't even move my lips to form any words.

"Well well well...Didn't expect to see me here right? I came to put an end to this all." Braxton coolly announced his agenda.

My heart was palpitating so fast that it should have killed me right there and then.

"That little boy thinking he can just claim you...We are family! What is HIS deal?" Braxton's voice started going very high.

From the faint moonlight that streamed in from the window behind me, Braxton was right in front of me, pointing a knife right at me.

"I..." I tried to say something but all I could do was stammer.