Chapter 33 -Loved

"There is only one happiness in this life. To love and be loved."

-George Sand

-

Alana's POV

Before opening my eyes, I felt a familiar warmth seep throughout my body, making me feel safe. I sighed in content knowing that Trevor had his arms around me and I was pressed against his chest.

Trevor has been accompanying me day night, occasionally going back home to take a shower and change out. Other than that, he has been accompanying me for rehabilitation as the bones I had broken in my legs over the years had to be corrected if not as I grow older, it would cause many other health issues.

Every time I fell during rehab or while I was using my crutches in my room, he somehow was by my side at the speed of light..

He also secretly smuggles in some snacks every night like truffle chips and Boy Bawang Cornick (A/N: a Filipino snack that my helpers love to buy and share with me secretly without my parents knowing HEHEHEH) which totally stole my heart more than he did.

I mean...well did I just admit he stole my heart...

Okay moving on, it has been a week since I've been hospitalised and everything has been going fine.

I opened my eyes and looked up at Trevor who was peacefully asleep. His face wasn't creased with worry looking at me which made me feel at ease because I felt like I have been worrying him too much.

He has been nothing but a gentleman. He didn't give me looks of pity or try to pry into anything. He had pride all over his face and looked at me as if I was the strongest person he knew. He gave me the space I need yet at the same time, he was there for me when I needed him.

I felt loved.

It has been a long time so I couldn't recognise that foreign feeling but I realised it now. I am loved.

I must have been staring at him for a long while because all of a sudden I saw the corners of his lips curl upwards.

Trevor's eyes remained closed as he smirked, "Snowflake, you're gonna wear my good looks out. Wanna take a picture?"

I felt my cheeks flush and felt incredibly hot all over. I tried to wriggle out of his arms to hide my embarrassed face but he tightened his arms around me.

"Don't think about running away Snowflake..." Trevor proudly said after I stopped wriggling and resorted to burying my face in his chest.

"I...Rehab is starting in 20 minutes...I need to get ready..." I stuttered out.

"Snowflake you really are so cute sometimes." Trevor laughed heartily before he loosened his grip and raised his index finger to tap my nose.

I wriggled out of the hospital bed, got my crutches and walked into the toilet. I locked myself in and took a look in the mirror and realised how red I was.

How embarrassing...

Ahhh what will Trevor think of me??? His flirting game is going too strong right now....

After brushing my teeth and combing my hair, I opened the toilet door to see a wheelchair outside.

Trevor was standing behind it and using dramatic gestures for me to sit on it. He formally invited me, "Madam Snowflake? Would you do me the honours of sitting on this humble chair with wheels so that I can wheel you for rehabilitation?"

I laughed so hard I nearly fell.

"Now what's up with you Trevor?" I shook my head in disbelief.