Chapter 20 -Stay Hidden

"Sometimes it's better to keep it all inside, where the only person that could judge is yourself."

-Unknown

-

Alana's POV

I sat on the picnic mat, closing my eyes, taking in the relaxing silence that made me feel like the whole world stopped just for me.

"Snowflake...Aren't you...gonna tell...me?" Trevor stuttered as he questioned.

I popped open my eyes and faced him, giving him a puzzled look.

What is he talking about? I don't think I possibly have anything to tell him...

Wait...

Trevor seemed to sense my confusion, he stated, "You know...about last night..."

An uncomfortable silence fell around us. The tension quickly thickened as Trevor stared at me intensely, waiting for an answer.

I never thought the time would come...

I kept on coming up with different excuses in my head, trying to find a way out of this. However deep down inside I wanted to tell him. Although, I definitely knew better.

I could never escape my father.

No way that anyone can help me.

There's no way out.

None.

When I was in school, there were numerous times where I tried to ask for help. Teachers, friends even strangers when I tried to run away from him. It was just like magic. Teachers were fired or sent away. Friends disappeared to other schools. Strangers seemed to never have walked the face of the earth.

He drove everyone away.

I only had him.

I need him.

Without him, there's no one left in my life...

"Uh...Snowflake...?" Trevor snapped me out of my thoughts. His eyes were wavering nonstop, seeming like he wanted to squeeze some kind of answer from me.

Right there and then, I blurted out, "No...It's nothing. I tripped and fell."

Trevor chuckled coldly. It was the type of chuckle that sent chills down your spine. He then retorted, "Well I didn't know falling gives you slashes on your back."

I started to feel fearful. Trevor seemed a little scary right now.

How I wish he would turn a blind eye and accept my answer...

"Snowflake...If you need help you can tell me..." Trevor muttered out in a broken voice.

I looked over, curious about the sudden change in his tone to only see his eyes holding hurt in them.

Why would he feel hurt? It can't be....because of me?

The sincerity I felt from his words, the heartbreaking look in his eyes and his gaze that promised me he would protect me no matter what.

I just wanted to tell him everything...

The devil in my head started to play games with me.

He'll disappear too...Just like how all of them did...

The thought of that was enough to shut down any thoughts on confessing anything to him.

I kept my mouth shut and just shook my head, trying to shut the conversation down.

Trevor's mouth kept opening and closing, wanting to say something really badly but holding himself back at the same time.