Chapter 42 -Let It Out

"Accept what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be."

-Unknown

-

Trevor's POV

Dinner was set and Alana was telling me all about her session today.

"...and so I realised that I am who I am and people like me for it. I felt so empowered and I wanna keep improving like this. Even though I may continue to have my downs, I realised that light can't be bright if there isn't darkness." Alana excitedly ranted out everything on her mind.

I felt something bloom inside of me.

To say I was proud of her just wasn't enough.

I seriously couldn't believe I can call a woman like her mine.

She has come so far and she's getting stronger by each day.

"You're doing amazing Snowflake! I'm so proud of you!" I sung praises although words can't put together all that I was feeling. It was more than all of that.

We finished up dinner and washed the dishes together before sitting down again for some ice cream.

Alana happily scooped a whole chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and shoved it down her mouth in a blink of an eye.

I chuckled to myself before eating my mint choco one.

"How about you Trevor? Did everything go well today...?" Alana asked, trying to shine the spotlight more on me now.

"Of course Snowflake! There's nothing to worry about." I nervously covered up.

Telling her would make her worry too much...I didn't want to add on to her worries already...

"Trevor...stop trying to carry everything all alone. You are helping me deal with my father already and you are also handling your family...You can talk to me..." Alana comforted, giving me the urge to say everything out right there and then.

"I don't want you to worry anymore...It would stress you..." I explained.

Alana smiled warmly at me and she got up from the opposite table and sat down beside me. She took my hands in hers and cupped it.

"How can I have a worriless life if you're doing all the worrying? It doesn't work that way. Everything goes two ways and I want to be there for you too." Alana assured.

My eyes were shining with pride.

She really came this far...

She was so perfect.

I took a deep breath and decided to say it all out, knowing it is not something I should be hiding forever.

She was right. Relationships go both ways and communicating like this was important. It can't just go one way with me thinking about everything that benefits her and drowning myself in the process. It was all about fixing together and ship and sailing it hand in hand.

"My parents and sister apologised. It was so sincere...I understood where they were coming from when they blamed me for everything but...I still feel hurt. Aren't they my family? Shouldn't they trust in their son more than be blinded by the money...? I...just don't know...' I muttered out softly, feeling all too vulnerable.

Alana pat my back and I just continued, "My mum and sister were just in shock that day and probably because my father exploded they had to blame someone...Although I'm mad that it was me but I can't get over how angry I am at my dad..."