•Afternoon Fiasco's Truth•

It was around 8 in the evening when Dev returned home from his office and saw Nikki sitting alone in the living room.

"Nikki? Tu yaha akeli kyu baithi hui hai?" Dev asked as he sat beside her.

"Bhaiya, mujhe aap ko kuch batana hai." Nikki said.

"Kis baare mein?" Dev asked as he sipped water from the glass.

"Sona Di ke baare mein." Nikki said and now she had every bit of attention of her brother.

"Sonakshi?" Dev was confused as why Nikki was talking about Sonakshi, that too in a serious tone.

"Bhaiya, aaj aap jab ghar par nahi the toh kuch hua tha...." Nikki paused and looked up at him and found him waiting for her to continue with the talking.

"Aaj jab Sona Di kitchen mein kaam kar rahi thi toh........" Nikki narrated the whole scenario of how Radharani tried to burn Sonakshi's hands but couldn't succeed in it fully.

By the end, Dev was raging in anger. So much happened and Sonakshi didn't even tell him, why?

"Bhaiya, mai jaanti hu ki Sona Di ne aap ko iss baare mein kuch bhi nahi bataya hoga isliye mai aap ko bata rahi hu. Mai jaanti hu ki Sona Di kabhi aap ko iss family ki complain nahi karegi." Nikki said as if reading his mind and Dev now knew why Sonakshi didn't speak anything.

"Mai aata hu thodi der mein." Dev said and left the mansion in a hurry but Nikki knew where he brother was going.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am outside your house. Meet me in 5 minutes." Sonakshi's phone pinged with Dev's message, making her confuse as to what he is doing outside her place at this time.

"Coming." She replied back and quickly took out her scarf and hurried out of the house telling everyone she is going out for some important work.

"Dev? Kya hua? Achanak se aap yaha...." Sonakshi stopped in her tracks as she saw Dev sitting on the bonnet of his car with an angry expression.

"What happened?" She asked in a slow voice as she neared towards him.

"Nikki told me everything." He said making her confuse even more than before.

"Everything matlab?" She asked.

"She told me everything how mamiji tried to burn..." He stopped mid-sentence fearing of what would've happened. He ruffled his hair and groaned in annoyance.

"Why didn't you tell me Sonakshi? Why?" His annoyance was at it's peak and Sonakshi didn't know a way to calm him down.

"You didn't trust me with this---" His words got cut when Sonakshi suddenly hugged him, resting her head on his chest. He sighed and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer.

"It's not about trust, Dev. It's about family. I am not the type of girl who will bitch about her boyfriend's family just to have him for herself. Dev, you need to understand that you are important to both- your family and me. But this doesn't mean that you will go against your family and take my side." She explained still in his arms.

"But if I don't take your side and warn mamiji to stop doing these things, who knows what might she will do next? Who knows she will not try to harm you? Aur jaha tak baat hai tumhe protect kar ne ki, toh woh mai humesha karuga. Even if I have to go against my family." Dev said and pulled her more closer, if that was possible.

"Dev but...."

"Sonakshi, what mamiji did is a crime. I won't hand her to police but I have to warn her from doing such cheap things."

"But what if Ishwari aunty starts hating me after that?" Sonakshi asked a bit sad thinking what if Ishwari breaks her friendship with Sonakshi.

"She won't. She trusts you a lot! Maa knows that you don't lie and if I told her the truth she will scold mamiji herself." Dev said and Sonakshi looked up at him with a bright smile, still in his embrace. But soon her smile fell down.

"Kya hua?" Dev asked as he saw the sudden change in her expression.

"Can you, like, not include all your family members in this drama?" She asked and Dev looked at her confused.

"I mean, let's just not stress upon it. After all, she is your mami and she is family. So you know..." Sonakshi didn't want to start a rift within his family because of her and Dev understood her.

"Fine. It will stay between you, me, Nikki and mamiji." Dev said and Sonakshi gave him a warm smile.

"Just be careful and stay away from mamiji as much as possible." Dev said and Sonakshi nodded her head agreeing to his conditions, or let's say, his possessiveness towards her.

"You should go now, it's getting late." Sonakshi said moving out of his embrace.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, good night." Dev said.

"Good night to you too." Sonakshi replied back and Dev drove back to his mansion and after few minutes Sonakshi entered her house without making anyone suspicious.

When Dev entered the Ishwari Niwas, he saw Radharani sitting on the couch and talking to herself.

"Aaj toh woh bangalan bach gayi lekin dekhte hai kab tak bache ragegi." She said out loud thinking she is alone in the hall.

"Jab tak mai hu tab tak Sonakshi ko kuch nahi hoga."

Radharani froze in her place hearing Dev's voice. She prayed to god that he didn't listen anything which she said just now.

"Arre, Dev beta kya bol raha hai tu?" Radharani asked faking a smile to him.

"Jaanta hu mamiji aaj din mein kya hua, ya phir kaha jaaye, kya kiya aap ne." Dev said and the terror in Radharani's eyes were worth watching.

"Dev, tu kya--"

"Agli baar se nahi hona chahiye yeh sab warna mujhe police bulane mein time nahi lagega." Dev warned and Radharani shuddered at his warning tone. Without saying anything else he left for his room and called it a night.