•May I Have This Dance?•

To say Sonakshi was shocked would be an understatement. She was still processing the recent happenings in her mind when she felt his one arm wrapping around her bare waist and the other one holding her hand.

"Mr. D-Dixit, what are you doing?" Sonakshi stammered as his warm hand on her naked skin was creating a havoc inside of her.

Dev didn't say anything but kept dancing while they moved in sync as if they had done this a thousand times together.

"Mrs. Dixit, who is that woman dancing with Mr. Dixit?" Mr. Gujral asked Ishwari while she smirked knowing what to do next.

"Oh woh! Woh Sonakshi hai, Dev ki girlfriend." Said Ishwari pressurizing the word 'girlfriend', while Natasha started boiling in anger.

"Let's go dad." Said Natasha before the old man could inquire further about Ms. Bose. Ishwari had her smirk plastered while she saw the father-daughter duo going away.

Ishwari then looked at the direction of her son and could see how perfectly they both looked together, making her happy somewhere in her heart.

"Mr. Dixit, will you please--"

"Tum bohot sawaal karti ho Sonakshi."

Sonakshi. Not Dr. Bose.

She felt butterflies in her stomach when he called her by her name and not 'Dr. Bose'.

"It's Dr. Bose for you!" She said composing herself. He is her boss after all.

"Okay Dr. Bose." Dev said as he twirled her around. She slipped her hands away from him and started walking but Dev was quick to catch her arm and pull her back to him.

"What are you even doing?" Sonakshi asked annoyed.

"Well, as you can see we are dancing. So yeah, I am very much dancing right now." Dev said and gave her a cheeky smile.

"You didn't even ask my permission." She said.

"Oh! So that's your problem? I will solve it right now. Dr. Sonakshi Bose, may I have this dance with you?" He asked looking into her eyes. Sonakshi felt herself losing in his chocolate brown orbs but soon realized what she was doing and composed herself.

"I think you are too late to ask me this question. As you can see, we are dancing." Sonakshi repeated his words and Dev chuckled.

"What?" She asked confused at why he chuckled.

"Nothing. You know, girls really do die to dance with me in every party. But I never danced with them or with anyone, you are the first one I am doing this with." He said honestly.

Sonakshi felt happy that he did something new and that too with her. She hoped mentally that there would be more such moment with him when--

Sonakshi, focus!

She reminded herself. Ishwari who was standing afar was looking at the duo and was smiling.

"But you didnt tell me why are dancing with me?" Sonakshi asked.

"That Natasha wants to marry me." He said and Sonakshi looked at him with wide eyes while he chuckled at her expression.

"Aap ko kaise pata?" She asked.

"Dr. Bose, business wali duniya mein aisi aisi baate hoti rehti hai." Dev said and this time Sonakshi chuckled at his reply.

Full Shahrukh Khan wali feeling!

"Friends, Dr. Bose?" Dev asked as he twirled her again, careful that she does not slip her hands away again.

Sonakshi smiled at him.

"Friends. And it's Sonakshi for you, Mr. Dixit." She said with a smile which soon adorned Dev's face too.

"It's Dev for you." He said and Sonakshi blushed a bit which luckily went unnoticed by her new friend.

"Also just so you know, you are my girlfriend for tonight." Dev said out of the blue while she looked at him shocked.

"What!?"

"Yeah. Maa already told the Gujrals that you are my girlfriend, so you have to pretend to be one." Dev said.

"Have you lost your mind!?"

"Not really. But it's better to be your boyfriend for tonight rather than being Natasha's husband for life." He said and winked at her.

Boyfriend. The word itself made her giddy. What would it be like to have Dev as her boyfriend? She wondered but soon stopped wondering as she realized what she was doing.

"Let's go." Dev said and both of them moved out of the dance stage. He wrapped his one arm around her waist making her heartbeat faster.

Remember, you are his girlfriend for tonight.

They both reached towards Ishwari and Dev let go off Sonakshi. Dev asked Ishwari about the Gujrals and she told them how angry Natasha got. Sonakshi observed Ishwari and Dev laughing heartily for the first time and she wanted to behold that sight forever.

"Umm... Aunty ji, mai aap ke liye khaana le kar aati hu." Sonakshi said as she went towards the food stall to get some food for Ishwari and Dev while Dev took a table and made Ishwari sit comfortably.

Sonakshi was coming towards where Dev and Ishwari were sitting with two plates in her hand when her saree's cloth interrupted her walk as it got stuck in the heels of her sandal.

Dev saw her struggling with her saree and went towards her, he bent down to untangle the cloth from the heel making Sonakshi's heart flutter.

"Thank you!" She said and Dev smiled at her.

Ishwari saw the interaction between them and was happy seeing them not fighting, like they usually do.

The evening ended on a happy note with Dev and Sonakshi becoming friends and Ishwari being happy seeing them together happy.