•Start of Something New•

It's been a week since the incident took place. Vicky had moved out of the Dixit house, Radharani did everything to brainwash Ishwari against Sonakshi but to devil's own luck, it didn't work.

Ishwari didn't engage much in the talk with Radharani when it came to Sonakshi.

While in this one week, Dev and Sonakshi became more clear about their feelings towards each other. The little bit of interaction between them would make their day beautiful.

Dev knew that the time has finally come.

They did hang out together in evenings when Dev dropped Sonakshi home, it started becoming their routine and it didn't went unnoticed by Neha.

Neha was happy that her brother has found his love of life.

Sonakshi would be in her dream land after coming from the Dixit house and it didn't went overlooked by the two devils of the Bose house- Elena and Saurav.

"Sona, tu jaake Dev ko bata kyu nahi deti? Kab tak apni feelings apne mein hi rakhegi?" Elena asked frustrated. Being the girl who falls in love every other month, she couldn't take the pressure of her sister in a one-sided love.

"Haa Sona, tu na Dev babu ko jaa ke bata de." Saurav said as he chipped on his snacks.

"Nahi dada! Mai aise kaise jaa ke kehdu ki mai unse pyaar karti hu?" Sona asked as she took the snacks away from her brother.

"Muh se!" Elena said and Saurav hi-fived her which ended up with Sonakshi glaring at the duo.

"Sona but seriously, tu kis chiz ka wait kar rahi hai? Tu yeh toh nahi soch rahi na ki Dev ek prince ki tarah aayega, ek ghutne par baithega aur phir propose karega?" Elena asked knowing how Sonakshi is romantically invested in fairy tales.

"Nahi Ele!" Sonakshi denied, because for her however Dev confesses will be a fairytale for her.

Elena and Saurav sighed at their hopeless romantic sister doing nothing about her love life but prayed to god for Dev to do something.

And Dev never disappoints his loved ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was around 4 in the morning when someone rang the doorbell of the Bose house.

Sonakshi, who slept on the couch while reading a book, went to open the door with her eyes closed.

"Yaar, yeh doodh wale bhaiya itni subah subah kaise aa gaye?" She muttered to herself as she opened the door.

One benefit of living in the same house from childhood is that you can do and know how to do anything with eyes closed. Like, opening a door just like Sonakshi did.

The person standing at the door was mesmerized to the semi-asleep beauty standing in front- wearing salwar kurta, her long hair messed up and mostly the fact how cute she looked standing there with her hands forward to take the milk hoping for the man to be doodh wale bhaiya.

Dev chuckled internally and grabbed her outstretched hand which made Sonakshi jerk out of her sleepy state.

"Dev!" She whisper-yelled, shocked at his sudden appearance at her doorstep at this odd hour.

"Come with me." He said and started walking when Sonakshi stopped.

"Ek minute." She said and ran inside her house to get her scarf.

"Where are we going?" She asked as Dev have been driving for some time now.

"Patience, Ms. Bose." Dev said with a smile which was not ready to leave his face and it didn't went unnoticed by Sonakshi.

"Why are you looking so happy?" She asked with a hint of smile adorning her face too.

"You will know soon." His reply again brought that irritation of not knowing where they were going on her face.

Little did she know that her one-sided love will soon turn into two-sided.

After sometime Dev stopped his car in front an old building in a village which seemed like a hospital. Sonakshi's confusion was visible on her face and Dev decided to speak.

"Yeh woh hospital hai jaha mera janam hua tha. Maa humesha kehti thi ki jab mera janam hua toh papa ne apne pure mahine ke kamai se pure hospital mein mithaayi baanti thi." Dev said and started his car again and stopping in front of another building which was a school.

"Yeh woh school hai jaha mai padhta tha, jaha maa ne apni mehnat ki kamai se meri fees bhari thi." He said and again got his car to life and drove to another building. He got out of the car and Sonakshi did the same.

"Yeh humara pehla ghar. Haa hum rent par rehte the lekin iss ghar ne humari khushi aur dukh dono dekhe hai. Yeh wahi ghar hai jaha se papa humesha ke liye hume chhod kar chale gaye the." Dev said and Sonakshi looked at the place and then at him who was looking at her already.

"Dev hum--" Sonakshi couldn't quite understand why he is showing this to her all of a sudden.

"Mai tum se apni life ke 27 saal share kar raha hu. Isliye kyu ki mai chahta hu ki tum meri zindagi ke har ek mod ka hissa bano."

Sonakshi was shocked hearing him. Was it happening what she is thinking? What she is imagining?

"D-Dev, m-mujhe k-kuch---"

"Sonakshi Bose, I love you!" He said clearing her confusions but Sonakshi being Sonakshi took a moment to confirm.

"You mean, as a friend right?" She asked hoping for what she said not to be true at any cost. Dev chuckled and said.

"I love you as a man loves a woman." This was it. The tears started flowing out her eyes. Dev got scared for a moment and took few steps back.

"Mai ne bol diya, ab tum bolo." He said.

"Mr. Dixit, can you please hug me?" She asked tears still flowing. Dev smiled and opened his arms while Sonakshi ran and jumped on him, hugging him tight.

He hugged her back with a huge smile adorning his face while Sonakshi cried out of happiness.

"I- I love you too, Dev!" She said making Dev's heart flutter. He knew she felt the same for him but hearing it from her made him feel more happy and excited than he imagined.