1

A/N: This is my first fanfic, so please don't judge it. I know that I'm not the best at writing, so I'm sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations. Also, ignore the photo. I hope you enjoy! <3

Shuichi's POV:

"You'll never catch me R- AHH!" were the last words I heard before someone ran into me making me completely face plant on the ground.

"Ow..."

"Oh! Didn't see you there. Who're you?"

It was a somewhat childish voice, making me curious as to who could've knocked me over. I looked up to see a short boy with amethyst eyes, matched with deep purple hair that basically defied gravity. His clothes were... interesting to say the least. Parts of it were ripped and tattered, and he had white straps on his legs, looking like belts. The most noticeable thing about his attire was a black and white checkered bandana he seemed to use as a scarf.

"I'm S-Shuichi Saihara. S-sorry for bumping into you," I said shakily, not knowing who this person was.

"Nah, you're good. I'm Kokichi Ouma! Let's go!" he exclaimed before grabbing my wrist and running.

"Where are we going??" I asked fearfully as he dragged me towards a coffee shop.

"We're running from Ran-Ran!" he said as he threw open the doors overdramatically.

"Ran-Ran?"

"A walking, talking avocad-"

"There you are!" I turned back towards the door as a green-haired boy walked in alongside a long-haired boy with a mask.

"Aw shoot... you caught me!" he said with a sly smile.

"Oh! You met someone here! Who are you?" the green haired boy said with a relaxed and friendly smile.

"I am Shuichi Saihara." I said trying not to be nervous.

"Ah, nice to meet you Shuichi. I'm Rantaro Amami, but this little grape here calls me Ran-Ran, Avocado, green bitc-"

"And I am Korekiyo Shinguji. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Korekiyo said, cutting off Rantaro.

"N-nice to meet you." I muttered as we ordered our drinks.

"Hey, no need to be so shy." Rantaro said in a reassuring voice.

"Ah, alright. Nice to meet you!" I said more relaxed than before. I felt something tugging on my shirt and looked down to see Kokichi looking up at me with a curious look plastered on his face.

"Hey, what do you want?" he asked still looking up at me.

"O-oh just a b-black coffee." I replied shakily.

"Jeez you don't have to be so scared all the time!" he said pouting. He turned back to the cashier and opened his wallet getting ready to pay.

"No, I'll pay for it. It'll be like an apology for running into you," I offered taking out money and giving it to the cashier.

"Aww Saihara Chan is such a gentleman," he said before grabbing my wrist and dragging me to a table with Rantaro and Korekiyo.

"S-saihara chan?" I asked.

"Yup! It's my nickname for you!" he said with a large smile. He was so childish and playful it intrigued me.

"Oh alright." I said even though I was still confused. Soon enough, the drinks came along with avocado toast for Rantaro.

Then Kokichi suddenly shouted, "Cannibalism!" and pointed shockingly at Rantaro as he took a bite out of his toast. I looked at Rantaro's bewildered expression and laughed a bit at Kokichi's sudden action.

"Aww Saihara Chan's laugh is so cute!~" Kokichi said while grinning making me blush in embarrassment.

"Saihara Chan?" Rantaro asked seemingly intrigued by the name.

"Yup!! Hey Saihara Chan we gimme your phone!" and before I could say anything, he snatched it out of my hands and began to mess with it.

"What are you doing?" I asked frantically.

"Aaaaand there!" he gave me back my phone and I grabbed it trying to search for what he did. I turned on the phone to see a new contact put in labelled "Kokichi Ouma 🍇" and smiled. I turned to him and laughed a bit, then turned my phone off and continued to drink my coffee.

"Hey Shuichi you seem familiar. Do you by any chance go to Hope's Peak?" Rantaro asked surprising me.

"Yeah I do! Do you go there as well?" I asked pleasantly surprised.

"Yeah, we all go there. I'm the ultimate adventurer."

"I am the ultimate anthropologist. If I may ask, what is your ultimate?"

"Oh, I am the ultimate detective. What about you Kokichi?"

"I, Kokichi Ouma, am the ultimate supreme leader!" he announced proudly.

"Supreme leader? Could you elaborate?" I asked unaware of the talent.

"Oh, I run a secret evil organization of 10,000 members," he stated, putting a finger to his lips and his voice becoming quiet and sly sending chills down my spine.

"Kokichi, don't lie to him," Rantaro said tiredly to Kokichi.

"Aw man... it looks like ya caught me! Nishishi~ it was just a lie! I just run a small group," Kokichi said, admitting defeat.

"Still, it's an interesting talent."

"Aww is Mister Detective saying he's interested in me?" Kokichi said grinning at me. My face immediately flushed into a bright red color.

"W-what?! N-no!" I stuttered out, embarrased.

"Nishishi~ you're fun to tease!"

"Anyways, it's already 4 pm and I have some studying to do." Rantaro stood up motioning Korekiyo and Kokichi to come with him.

"Fine... bye Saihara Chan!~" Kokichi waved to me and dashed out the door.

||Time skip||

Shuichi's POV:

I was studying in my room when I got a notification from my phone.

7:08 pm

Kokichi Ouma 🍇

Kokichi: Heyyy Saihara Chan!

Shuichi: Hello Kokichi

Kokichi: I have nothing to do tomorrow, can we go get slushies from seven-eleven?

Shuichi: Sure but why slushies? And why seven-eleven?

Kokichi: Sometimes you just have to freeze your brain

Shuichi: Freeze your brain? What do you mean?

Kokichi: Have you never seen Heathers??

Shuichi: No

Kokichi: We're going to my dorm tomorrow and we're watching Heathers.

Shuichi: Alright?

Kokichi: Okii cya tmrw!!

Shuichi: Alright, I'll see you then. Bye

Kokichi: Buh Byee~

I looked back at the notifications and smiled knowing I had plans with someone. It made me feel happy knowing I was going to hang out with him tomorrow.

A/N: Again, this is my first fanfic, so please do not judge it even if it is bad. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! <3 

1057 words