𝚜𝚒𝚡

June 16th

Dear Diary,

    My father is back from his business trip, and he's back to his usual habits.

    "Y/N! Get down here!" He called from the bottom of the stairs.

    God, why can't these walls be any thicker? I hopped off my bed, my diary still in my hands, and slowly went downstairs. I went into the kitchen to find my father at the kitchen counter again.

    "Yes, father?" I said.

    "Are you going to work today?" My father asked. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I don't think I've ever seen him smile.

    "Oh, right! Yes, father. I am." I started to walk out, but I wanted to ask one more question, "excuse me, father? May I go to the park later today?"

    He scoffed. "I have heard you have been going to the park everyday for the past two weeks. You're a boy aren't you? I told you to not find any boys. They aren't good for you. And especially if they've got some shitty job like a chimney sweeper or a lamplighter."

    What did he just say? A lamplighter is a shitty job?

    "A lamplighter is not a shitty job!" I immediately regretted yelling at him. I never yell at my father.

    He stormed at me and grabbed my diary right from my hand.

    "Hey! Give that back!" He ran out of the room as he opened it. I felt like I wanted to cry. I ran towards him as he shut the book. He threw the book at my chest and I caught it, in pain.

    "So you are with a guy. I knew it."

    "No! It's not what you th-"

    "Just shut up. Go to your room."

    Then, my mother came into the room. "What is going on here? Were you yelling at your father?"

    "Yes, mother I was! But he stole my diary! He read it too!" I went up to her and went next to her ear and whispered, "he knows about Jack." Her eyes widened.

"I need to talk to you." She turned to my father.

"She was carrying it around! I wanted to see what she is up to."

As they were arguing, I slipped past them, and ran to the park. I needed to see Jack. I checked my watch and this was usually the time that he would visit the park.

When I got there, I sat on the edge of the fountain.

Where is he? I asked, looking at my watch again after almost fifteen minutes.

Then I saw a bike in the distance. Thank god. I got up and waved to him, but he didn't see me. He rode right past the park. What is he doing? I ran over to him.

"Jack!"

He looked over at me. "Oh, hey, Y/N! How are you?" He asked, putting his bike on the rack outside the park.

"I'm good. You?" I said.

"I'm alright." We walked into the park together. He looked at me and frowned a bit. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't look as happy as you normally are." We went over to the bench we always sit at.

"Well, my father came back last night, so he's back to yelling at me about everything." I took out my diary from my back pocket. "He took this and saw what I wrote. I wrote stuff about you in this thing. Nothing bad of course." I laughed. He smiled.

"Can I hug you?" He simply asked.

"Uh, of course!" And we leaned closer. His warmness wrapped around me like a blanket. I put my arms around him too.

We broke apart and looked each other in the eye. Then, Jack started to lean closer. I could feel his breath on my lips.

"Jack!" I said, pulling away from him. "I can't, I'm sorry."

"Oh! Sorry. Um, that's my fault." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. God, he's so selfless.

"It's okay! I'm just not allowed." I put my hand on his shoulder. "I'm not supposed to fall in love. That doesn't stop me from falling in love with you, Jack. I love you so much, but if he found out, we would both be in trouble and I don't want what is happening to me to happen to you." I smiled.

"That's okay. I understand. I don't want you to get hurt anymore."

I kissed his head.

"I love you, but I can't."

"I know."