𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

TW: MENTION OF ABUSE

    I ran as fast as I could to the park downtown. I almost dropped my notebook a few times.

    I sat on a brown park bench. It was more comfortable than I thought it would be. These benches are usually really hard. I opened up my notebook and clicked my pen.

    Hold me

    Under the stars of the London sky

    Kiss me

    As my heart is beating

    Fast

    I looked up and I saw a familiar figure with another guy, sitting on a bench. I couldn't get every small detail due to the large fountain right in front of me. He looked up at me.

    Jack. I thought. He waved and smiled at me. I blushed and looked back down at my paper. I wanted to look back at him so bad, but that would be awkward. I stared at my notebook, trying to think of something else for whatever this was...

    "Hello." A voice says above me. I quickly glanced up at the skinny figure of Jack.

    "Oh, uh, hi!" I replied, slightly blushing.

    How the hell did this happen? How did I get attracted to this guy so quickly? This isn't right. It shouldn't happen this fast...

    The guy Jack was with before walked up from behind him.

    "Your girlfriend's cute, Jack!" And he winked at me. He had a really thick cockney accent.

    "She's not my girlfriend, Angus." He said, "this is my friend, Angus, by the way." Jack sat down next to me on the bench and I closed my book. I didn't want him to see what I was writing.

    "Hello." I said to Angus, shaking his hand. He smirked at me. "I guess I'll leave you two to do your thing." And he jogged down the path to the other side of the park.

    "Sorry that he thought we were dating..." Jack said after Angus got far away enough, he couldn't hear us. Jack rubbed the back of his neck.

    "It's okay..." I said. I sighed and twirled my pen between my fingers.

    We sat in silence for a few minutes.

    "Are you okay, Y/N?" He asked me.

    "Yeah, I'm fine." I leaned back on the bench, "it's just- It's just that I'm thinking about my father."

    "Did he- die, or something?"

    "Oh, no. He didn't, it's just, he isn't the nicest guy. I mean, he's apparently on a business trip in Scotland, and he didn't say goodbye to me. I don't know why it's bothering me so much. He's done it so much before, so I shouldn't even be thinking about it, honestly. Am I saying too much? Am I being a burden to you by making you deal with my personal life? I could shut up if you wanted me to..."

    Jack chuckled. "Keep going. I don't mind. Tell me as much as you want."

    "Okay, thanks." I said, getting up. "I think we should take a walk as I explain this. It'll... It'll take a while."

    Jack got up and followed me to the main park path.

    "So, what's up with your father?" He asked.

    "My father, he doesn't really like me. Or else, he doesn't act like does. He loves to make me feel like I'm not good enough for him. He wants me to work in business, but I don't think that he understands that women can't work in the business area of work. We can only become maids and teachers. I mean, I want to be a songwriter. I love music so much and I want to put my thoughts out into the world through music, if you get what I mean." I glanced at my notebook in my left hand.