𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

TW: ANOTHER MENTION OF ABUSE

June 4th

    Dear Diary,

    I went downstairs to the living room as soon as I got up to talk to my mother.

    "Good morning, mother." I said, sitting down at the table.

    "Good morning, sweetie. How was Jack yesterday? I didn't get to ask." She said,

    "He's great."

    "Did you two kiss?" She winked at me as she sat down across from me.

    "No! We didn't! We don't like each other like that!" That last part was a lie. I sighed and put my elbows on the table.

    "Alright! If you say so..."

    "Hey, mother? I have a question." I said.

    "Yes?"

    "It's about father." I could see her sink down in her chair. I sighed again and put my hands in my lap, "why is he so mean to me? What did I ever do to him. I honestly don't know."

    "Honey, it's- it's because of his childhood," my mother stuttered, "since he grew up extremely rich, he never knew how to care for himself. I know that sounds strange, but they never taught him how to care for himself. They always told him that they would be there for him. But, they suddenly died one day."

    "What happened to them?" I asked. Now I was intrigued. Why has no one told me this before?

    "We don't know. They may have been killed. They may have had dual diseases. I don't know. And what's strange is that they told him they wouldn't be gone, but they died on the day." she said.

"That's-That's sad. Sorry." I replied.

"It's okay. So, he's just angry that he has to do everything now. And I know you're going to ask. I don't know why he hits you. It might be because you're a girl because I know he wanted a boy. I'm sorry he does, but I don't have an answer for you."

"It's okay." I said.

"You should eat now. I already cooked your breakfast."

After I ate, it was the weekend so I went for another walk. I took out my notebook, but couldn't think of any more ideas for my song. That frustrated me. I looked over what I had so far.

Hold me

    Under the stars of the London sky

    Kiss me

    As my heart is beating

    Fast

Then I saw him.

    "Jack!" His bike rode towards me and he looked at me. He smiled. I ran as fast as I could to him.

    "Y/N!" Jack said, stopping his bike. I almost jumped on him, which made his bike tip and fall onto the concrete below.

    "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" I took his hand and pulled him up. He grabbed his hat from the road.

    "It's okay." I wiped the back of his coat to get the loose dirt and rocks off of it. I stared at him and he stared at me. His dark brown eyes were beautiful. I grabbed his left arm, which he looked down at and smiled. I licked my lips and looked down at his shoes. I couldn't stand it. He was so cute. I want to kiss him.

    "I- uhm I have to go now." I said, breaking away from him. I rubbed the back of my neck, blushing. Jack was blushing too.

    "Do you want a ride home?"

    "No thank you." I smiled. "I'll see you later, Jack." I went over and kissed his cheek and didn't look back.