Chapter 4

Throwback lol
The last words I heard were
"I got him. Pick me up boss..."

Chapter 4: Failed Connections

Sakura's POV
Naruto's body fell onto the floor creating a 'thud' sound. A second later, it fell limp. I felt my heart being torn to pieces every second as I tried to move my finger to press the end call button on my phone.

I heard my phone click. They should be here any minute now. I carried his body and put him over my shoulder. He wasn't that heavy. It was getting dark every minute I waited for them to pull up.

Anxiety was building up. Each second felt more and more longer.

I was so focused on the situation before me that I didn't hear a simple knock on the door.

"Hey. Come out now"

"H-huh?"

"You can come out now I said"

"Yes sir..."

I opened the door to see him. The boss himself. We walked together in his car and I laid down Naruto's body in the back seat and covered it with a cloth.  I sat in the front seat and the car started and we drove off.

"Are you sure you are going to treat him well? Even after what his friend, no not friend, Ino done to you?"

"Sakura, I'll of course treat him well. You didn't hurt him for a reason did you?"

"It was your order. I didn't do it because of ill will. I really do care about him a lot."

"Are you really sure about your feelings?"

"Don't fucking underestimate me just because I work for you cunt."

"..."

"I still don't know how that act worked in the first place. He shouldn't have fell for it that easily."

"Well, the act went according to plan. There shouldn't be much to worry about."

We drove up to the boss's buildings and he called in one of his bodyguards to carry Naruto to one of the rooms.

"Sakura, your job is done here. You are free to go."

"Hey, Can I watch after Naruto...?"

"...I was thinking of Karin taking care of him. But, I don't mind if you can."

"Thank you."

I ran to Naruto's room and looked at him laying on his phone. I sadly smiled knowing that he wouldn't forgive me after what I had done to him. I laid down next to him and nodded off to dreamland.

[timeskip]

Naruto's POV
I woke up to the sound of someone moving stuff around.

"Oh so you're awake now. I thought she was supposed to be caring for you and not me"