Chapter 22

a/n

YALL WONT BELIEVE IT BUT I NEED TO FINISH THREE CHAPTERS AND THEN THE BOOK IS DONE :DD

___

Jungkook should have known this wouldn't just be over after he figured he was over it and decided to get laid instead of worrying.

So he doesn't know why he's so surprised when on Friday, he gets a second text, just as he's home. This time from an unknown number.

Thankfully, it's not his father, or as he prefers to say, the anonymous sperm donor, but his, well, new wife. And as much as Jungkook wants to block her and call her names for trying to replace his mother, he knows he can't judge her just for having married the douchebag that he's unfortunately related to. Who knows, maybe she's just in it for the money.  

In that case, mad respect for her.

"I think you should go.". Jimin tells him. "It's just an hour at most. And if things go bad you can always ditch.".

"Yeah, but she also wants my mom to come.".

"... What?!".

"Mhm.".

"I'm not about to act like I know anything about these situations, but in movies, when the stepmom wants to meet both you and your mom, it doesn't work out well.".

"Thanks for making me feel better.". Jungkook grumbles, and Jimin laughs.

"Sorry, love. But, I mean, maybe she's nice? Ask your mom, first, before you do something stupid.".

Jungkook huffs.

"Fine.".

________

"Hey, uh, mom, can we talk?".

Ms. Jeon looks up, setting the jewelry she was dusting back down.

"What's wrong, Jungkook?".

"Uh, so you know- well, the second parental unit's wife texted me.". Jungkook says quickly.

"Ah."

"Yeah."

"What did she say?"

Jungkook grimaces.

"She said that he talked to her and told her about me, and now she wants to meet the two of us.".

"Oh? Anything else?".

Jungkook is surprised by how unfazed she seems, just leans against the cabinet and raises an eyebrow .

"Well, not much. She just said she wants to meet us? I think your ex husband wants her to convince me to live with him or whatever.".

"Two things, sweetie. First of all, it isn't hard to call him your father, secondly, he wants to what now?!".

"Huh, I thought he would have told you. He wants me to live with him.".

"Fucking hell.". The second the words escape her, she clamps a hand over her mouth. "Sorry, Jungkook. But... why?".

"Don't ask me.". Jungkook groans. "He said you told him I was dating Jimin.".

"You're right, fu- I'm so sorry, it slipped out. I really didn't mean to, but he called suddenly, and God-".

"What did he say?". Jungkook asks. "I swear to God, if he-".

Ms. Jeon shrugs, waving a hand absentmindedly.

"Not much, just the usual bull. But then he started saying that if it weren't for my terrible parenting you'd be either ready to get married after leaving college or actually having a future and, well, it slipped out.".