Chapter 25

a/n
we opened and insta and it's @bubblegumjikook too so go follow if you love me mwah

ill post spoilers for the epilogue smut and you get emilys thirst traps so it's really a win-win /j  😩😩

ALSO, the oddly frequent updates have officially begun *evil author noises intensify*

___

When Jungkook wakes up in Jimin's bed, he frowns upon seeing that the clock in Jimin's room is ticking loudly and indicating that it's exactly 12 PM.

He groans, remembering that they were up all night last night, which is why there's a burning sensation when he stands up.

Thank God it's a weekend. He's not sure how much he'd enjoy walking around the entire school building for hours when his ass feels this sore.

Bending over to press a soft kiss on Jimin's forehead, he gets up and heads over to Jimin's closet, pulling out an oversized white t-shirt and black sweatpants.

For a reason he sees no point in elaborating in, he'll probably need to continue wearing the soft pants throughout the entire day.

"Kook?"

Jungkook looks up, seeing Jimin rubbing at his eyes.

"Wait for me, hm?"

"Sure. Do you need help, babe?"

Jimin shakes his head, sending his boyfriend a quick smile. "You okay? I'm pretty sure I murdered that ass last ni-"

"You did not." Jungkook retorts, rolling his eyes. "My ass is perfectly fine, thanks very much." he lies.

Jimin shrugs. "If you say so."

Slowly crawling out of bed, Jimin slaps Jungkook's ass, hard, laughing as Jungkook lets out a surprised squeak.

"Alright, let's go." he announces, a smile on his face, while Jungkook just huffs, feigning annoyance.

Like usual, the Park's mansion is dead silent, save for the sound of glass and porcelain clinking against each other. His mom or one of Jimin's parents are probably in the kitchen already.

The two of them walk down the stairs together, in no particular rush, until they hear voices in the kitchen.

"Is someone visiting?" Jungkook asks, quickly running a hand through his hair, attempting to smoothen it out.

"Not that I know of." Jimin replies, his brows furrowing.

"Maybe it's just your mom's friend. Or they're hosting another PTA meeting in here." Jungkook sighs, and he jumps the last two steps on the stair, grinning at Jimin who's still shuffling down, bleary-eyed.

"Probably." Jimin responds, blinking a few times, before rubbing at his eyes.

Making their way to the kitchen, Jimin drops Jungkook's hand, but sends him a reassuring smile. Jungkook can't help but notice how awkward he seems.

Did he recognize one of the voices?

As if he can read his mind, Jimin curses under his breath, before turning to Jungkook.

"It's my grandmother."

"Is that bad?" Jungkook inquires, curiously peeking around the corner.

"Very." Jimin answers. "She only ever comes if she wants something."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Jimin quickly shakes his head before shrugging, and sends Jungkook another lopsided smile. "Don't worry about it, though. Let's just go."

The voices grow louder as Jimin and Jungkook near the kitchen, and once he opens the glass door, Jungkook spots Jimin's mother sitting on one of the barstools at the counter, his mother next to her, and an elderly lady, her gray hair tied in a tight bun sitting across from them, a disdainful look on her face.

Unlike Jimin's mother, dressed in sweatpants, which are undoubtedly from some designer brand, a tank top and a loose cardigan thrown over it, and his own, in her everyday clothing, jeans and a cashmere sweater which Jimin's mother insisted on buying for her, she looks like she walked straight out of a business meeting, in heels instead of slippers, a tight skirt instead of loose pants, a stern, serious frown and a tight grip on her handbag.

It's nothing like when Jungkook visits his own grandmother, he usually just goes to her house, eats plenty, is told by all his aunt's that he should eat more because he's too skinny, then he'll talk to his cousins and fall asleep on the couch or a spare bed at some point late at night.

It's fun, loud, there's always food and people and someone to talk to or something to do, not the uncomfortable, stiff air that there is right now.

"Jimin, there you are!" Jungkook's mother exclaims, hopping off of her stool. "Should I make you something to eat?" she offers.

Jimin shakes his head, smiling politely. "I'm good, thank you. I can do it myself."

"Exactly." his mother chides, facing Jungkook's mother. "You don't need to do everything for us, dear. Jimin's perfectly capable of making himself breakfast and you work too much anyway."

Jungkook forces a smile, ignoring the tutting sound Jimin's grandmother makes and bows politely.

"My name is Jungkook." he greets, and she raises an eyebrow, pointedly saying nothing in return.

There's another long, uncomfortable silence,  until Jimin's mother clears her throat.

"Jimin, dear, your grandmother wants to speak to you about something."

"Oh? What is it?"

His grandmother does nothing except for shrug loftily.

"You need to get married soon."

Jimin sighs, slamming his glass down on the counter.

"No. I'm only eighteen."

"Many people are already engaged at your age." she retorts, and Jimin rolls his eyes, not saying anything in return.

It's clear that they've had this conversation before, and Jimin's grandmother just sighs, flashing him a disdainful look.

"No matter how much you ignore it, we'll still need to discuss it." She calls over her shoulder, before storming out of the kitchen.

___

She's already left, and now Jungkook is looking up at Jimin with those large, bottomless eyes and he thinks he might cry about how worried Jungkook looks.

"So... what do we do now?"

Jimin smiles, it's a sad smile but he tries to kiss the top of Jungkook's head as a reassurance, and pulls him into a tight hug.

"Let's worry about it later. Don't let it worry you so much, don't give her the glory of knowing that that's always on your mind. We'll deal with it soon. I promise."