Chapter 5: Vacātion

*Not proof read*

A few weeks later Luz, Gus, and Willow sat eating in a burger King's parking lot. Between eating luz talked non-stop about amity.

"You've been talking Amity amity all week!" Gus groaned in frustration just trying to eat his damn fries.

"just admit it, you like them" willow said eating her chicken nuggts. Luz blushed waving them off "I dont like them, she's just nice" Luz said more like she was trying to convince herself than the other two.

The other two were convinced their dear Luz had fallen hard for the blight. It was obvious, she talked non-stop about them. Of course you can talk about someone alot and nt like them but they way Luz talked about amity was just diffrent.

the talked about her hair and eyes, the way she snorted when she laughed too hard, or how her eyes would light up when she asked amity about her projects. it was just the little things that showed willow and gus, luz liked them.

only a week had gone by and it was a very special week for luz.

------7 Months Later------

"Amity! answer me, where are we going!" Luz called after the girl carrying her luggage to amitys car, Amity had already pack with some of her stuff.

putting her stuff in the back seat luz quickly went to the passenger door. "Now will you tell me?" she asked nervously getting into the car.

"We're going on a small vacation for a few days" amity grinned starting the car.

Luz said nothing, putting on her seatbelt, not refusing the offer of a vacation.

"Where are we going?" Luz asked the blight. "Not far just to a small vacation cabin in the forest."

The drive was quiet, they sat in a comfortable silence. Luz watched the cars go by them it was nice to just relax.

Looking at Amity luz finally completely k ew how she felt. Strange how a car drive can do that.

After an hour or so they pulled onto a dirt path. Amity slowed down the car on both sides of the path there was a thick lining of trees with alot of Bush growing on the edge.

A cabin came into view. "Oh wow"Luz awed at the beautiful scenery. Over grown flowers around the porch.

An oak tree with a swing was off to the side a bit. Amity parked the car and got out already getting the bags.

Luz followed getting some of her own luggage. After a long hour they had settled down in the cabin.

"Oh, how long are we staying?" Luz asked realizing she completely forgot to ask.

"Only a week or so" amity replied with a slight blush. She had planned this a month in advance. She had been wanting to ask Luz out since that night they had went to get Luz chicken nuggets. Yes that's what she calls that night.

"Is there a reason you wanted to take me here?" Luz question a red tint to her ears not noticable to the blight.

"N-no not really I just wanted to spend spring break with you!" Amity said cursing herself in the inside for stuttering like an idiot.

"Oh so you didn't bring me out here to murder me?" Luz joked

"Oh yeah I totally did" amity played along. Amity looked at the window that was above the kitchen sink noticing the sun started to set.

She grabbed Luzs hand gently "come on" she said walking to the front door with Luz following her.

They walk through the tall grass to the lake that was a beautiful light blue, they walked onto the old dock. They walked to the end of it, Sitting down.

"It's pretty" luz said quietly kinda nervous. "It is" amity responded pulling her hand away from Luz's taking a nice golden ring from her pocket.

A blush formed on the blights face "remember that night you asked me if I liked someone?" Amity asked holding the ring to her side not visible to Luz.

"In the McDonald's play place? Then yeah" she laughed at hoe ridiculous it sounded. Two college students talking about feelings in a child's play place.

"Yeah" amity said softly "well I do like someone, For months now." Amity turned to Luz. The brunettes expression dropped. 'Amity liked someone?'

"They're kinda dense though" amity continued awkwardly trying to keep Luzs silence out of mind.

"Why do you say that?" Amitys eye twitched at the question 'how can one be so smart but so stupid'

"Because I like you" amity sighed "and you didn't take my hints" she finished her face flushed.

"Oohhh! Jeez I'm dumb!" Luz snorted realizing all the hints. "well I like you too!" She said

Amity hand luz the ring "I'm glad, um willow told me I should get you a promise ring" she slipped the ring onto Luz's left hand.

"Oh it's pretty" luz said in awe, the sun had almost completely set. "We should get Inside" luz stood up Amity grabed her hand standing up "will you be my girlfriend!" amity said abruptly

This made Luz laugh "of course" they said as if it was supposed to be obvious.

They had went back inside and got ready for dinner.

Yeah this was a short story ik honestly this was more for me to get back into writing before I start to work on better books. Thanks for reading this trash.