Chapter 9

Shika POV

We were eating dinner. Sasuke and Naruto are late.

"Now they're both late. I wouldn't have expected that from Sasuke." Of course she wouldn't.

"They're probably just challenging each other. That's such a drag."

"Of course you would say that Shika!" What is with this girl and yelling? I would never want to marry her. Sasuke and Naruto opened the door.

They both looked beat up. Sasuke was helping Naruto walk. Even though Sasuke looks like he hates Naruto. I don't think that's the truth.

"What have you been up to? You look like something the cat dragged in."

"We both made it. We climbed all the way too the top."

"That's troublesome."

"Good. Now we move on starting tomorrow you both bodyguards for Tanzuna." Naruto cheered, causing the both to fall.

"Ow! You are such a loser!"  We laughed at them.

~time skip~

We finished eating.

"In a few more days. Our bridge will be finished and I have you to thank."

"You've all done great but you have to be careful."

"I've been meaning to ask you this but I haven't had the chance until now. Why did you stay and protect me even when I lied to bring you here?"

"Those who stray from the path of justice have no courage but under the wing of a strong leader cowardice can not survive." He quoted the first hokage.

"Huh."

"It's a quote from the first hokage."

"Even if we did want to go back, Naruto wouldn't let us."

"That's true as well." Naruto was laying his head on the table.

"But why?" Inari said in a quivering voice.

"What you say?" He slammed his hands on the table.

"All this stupid training is just a waste of time! Gato got a whole army! They'll beat you down and they'll destroy you!" We looked at him.

"These cool things you all say they don't mean anything! No matter what you do, the strong always win and the weak always lose!" How troublesome.

"Just speak for yourself! It won't be like that for me got that!"

"Just be quiet! Just looking at you makes me sick! You don't know anything about this country you're just butting in! Always laughing and playing around! You don't know what it's like to suffer and be treated like dirt!"

"Listen to yourself whining and complaining like some sorry little victim! You can whimper all day for all I care! You're nothing but a coward!"

"Naruto you went too far!" He walked off.

"Naruto." Inari was crying.

~time skip~

I was out on the roof star gazing. I came out here when Kakashi and Inari came back in. I was thinking about different jutsu I can try and learn. When I thought about the shadow jutsu.

I can already do it but usually a joinin can produce up to five and have little charaka left but I can make more than 100 and still have a good amount of charaka left. I decided not to put much thought into it.

And just assume I have a larger pool of charaka same as Naruto. I jumped down from the roof and walked in. I went to the room I was sleeping in and changed into my PJs and went to sleep.

~In the morning~

I woke up to someone yelling my name.

"Shika! Wake up!" I sat up.

"What Naruto?"

"The others left us!"

"Come Shika!"

"Let me get dressed." He nodded and stayed there.

"I need you to get out."

"Right hurry!" I sighed. What a drag. I got dress and went out.

"See ya!" Naruto started to run out.

"Have a nice day." I flashed to him. He was in the forest. Jumping from branch to branch. I followed beside him.

"You really need to learn to be patient, Naruto." He looked at me.

"Shika you caught up!"

"Your troublesome Naruto."

"Whatever you say Shika now come on!" We went faster. We saw a cut up boar. We expected that there were also cut up trees making a path to the house.

"We have to go back." I nodded. We started going back.

"I hope we're not too late!"

"Me too." We ran faster. We finally made it. I did the substitution jutsu and Naruto got Tsunami . I have Inari.

"Sorry we're a little late!"

"You know heroes usually show up at the last minute!"

"You okay Inari?" I put him down next to Tsunami.

"Naruto it's you." Completely ignored. What a drag.

"Inari you did great!"

"Huh?"

"When they forgot about your mom for a minute. That gave Shika a chance to use a cool jutsu."

"It's not that cool. It's a pretty simple jutsu."

"How did you guys know these samurai guys were coming here?"

"Uhh.."

"In the forest we found a boar that was attacked. Trees were all cut up too." I explained that Naruto picked it up.

"It was like someone was practicing with a sword or something. The cuts lead back towards the house. So we followed them here."

"That was really smart."

"I know surprisingly Naruto caught on."

"Hey! I'm not that dumb!"

"You sure do act like it." They 'samurai guy spoke up.

"Blah. Blah. Two of the puny ninja brats Tanzuna hired."

"Get em!" They ran towards us.

"Their coming!" Naruto threw some shurikens at them. Giving me enough time to use my shadow clone jutsu

"Nice try!"

"Try something else!"

"We did." My shadow made it to them.

"Shadow possession jutsu complete."

"We can't move!" Naruto shadow clones kicked them in the back of their heads knocking them out. I undead my shadow possession and they fell on the ground.

"Alright!" We fist bumped but then something unexpected happened.