🌞Chapter 19🌻

🌞🌻

The cream candy melted in my mouth until it was only the size of a grain of rice.

I had burned a lot of energy without eating or drinking anything, so that explained why I felt so tired.

"We can order pizza too. What do you want to do?"

"I don't really want to eat pizza in the middle of the night."

Maybe there were menus in the room. I rolled over on the bed and picked up one for pizza and one for snacks.

Aren't you acting pretty cozy? This terrifying thought ran through my mind and I lightly touched both hands to my head. This was getting bad.

"All the kitchen staff will be gone since it's so late. All that's left on the menu is frozen stuff." Mew was lying on the bed next to me, pointing at the notice stuck to the side of the menu.

Just then, I heard a click from the door.

Was that...the sound of the lock? I thought, and the moment the thought crossed my mind, the door swung open.

"Time to get up, sir!"

It was Mew's assistant First, coming into the room with a strangely cheerful shout. I hadn't seen him since we first met at the very first hotel, so why did this have to be the llace where I ran into him again?

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I thought you were alone, sir "

As soon as First saw Mew and me lying next to each other in the bed, he spun back around.

"Is there something urgent that brings you barging into my room?"

Pulling the blanket up over my head, Mew got out of bed and pulled his clothes on.

"Yes, sir. There's something you should see in the security office."

"Again? The last time it happened was at this hotel too, wasn't it?"

Mew and First's voices grew distant as they talked, as if they were walking away. I waited until I heard the door shut, then jumped out of the bed.

🌻

I couldn't believe it. How could he be so calm after getting caught like that? Mew and First both!

I fished my clothes out from under the bed and pulled my underwear and shirt on with a crazed speed. Before bothering to button my shirt, I pulled my jeans on and started fussing with my clothes when I heard a knock on the door.

"Uh---come in!"

I quickly zipped my jeans up.

Is Mew back already? I wondered, but no.

"Is it safe to come in?"

First pushed the door open hesitantly. The person I least wanted to see.

"Good evening, Mister Gulf. I'm sorry about what just happened. I thought Sir Mew was asleep, so I barged in and---"

"No---no, it's fine."

"Can we sit down? I brought you something to eat " He held up a brown paper bag.

Honestly, I wanted to leave as soon as I could. How could this guy be so placid after catching his boss in bed with another man, completely naked? He must be used to catching Mew in bed with men and women all the time.

First gestured at the sofa with a friendly smile, and I couldn't just say 'no way, I'm going home.' I had to sit down on the dark brown sofa.

"First things first. Your food."