12

Just as the sun began to dip below the horizon, Emma spoke.

"Go get him." Merlin didn't need to ask who she was talking to. He made his way back to the shack. Mr. Terell was still unconscious. Merlin snapped his fingers and the sleeping spell left his body. The man looked up groggily, and then everything seemed to come rushing back, and he started to struggle against his bonds. Merlin stepped forward and the man's eyes fixated on him. His gaze was somewhere between fearful and pissed off.

"I'm going to untie you now. I know it's a lot to ask that you trust me and not try to get away just yet. I promise nothing is going to happen to you." Those words didn't calm William Terell down in the slightest, in fact now he just looked as if he thought Merlin had completely lost his mind, which scared him even more. Merlin didn't have any room in his plan for complications, so he laid the sleeping spell over him again.

"Sorry." He untied the ropes and then contemplated how he was going to get this man outside. He was taller and broader than Merlin, and certainly weighed quite a bit more. He decided that it was never going to happen without magic. He'd just have to take the chance that Emma wouldn't care. 

"Supernatet en aere." William Terell's unconscious body floated upwards in a plank position until it was about waist height for Merlin. Merlin put a guiding hand on the floating man and led him out of the shack and back down the beach. 

He could tell that Emma wasn't pleased by his use of magic, but she also wasn't stupid, and had probably expected it, considering there was no way in hell Merlin would have been able to carry this Arthur lookalike all the way down the beach. 

"Put him in the center." Merlin guided the body until it was floating above the center of the pentagram, careful not to step on any of the lines. He didn't need that kind of bad luck right now. 

"Finem." Terell's fell to the ground with a whump. Merlin winced. He had forgotten that ending the spell while the man was still in the air would send him crashing to the ground. At least he hadn't been very high up. Emma snickered and Merlin felt the urge to kill her again. It was a feeling he was getting very used to.

Merlin, Emma, and Iris stood side by side.

"Join hands," Emma instructed. They did so, Iris on Emma's right, and Merlin on Emma's left. Emma's hands were calloused, probably from all the sword wielding she'd been doing. There was a moment of silence, and then at the exact moment that the sun was halfway below the horizon, she began to chant. 

"Mater omnium, mater nemo, tres adversus dea, meam audiunt, decere et respondere in genere.
                                                                  Magus et rex, fabulas entwined.
                                                              Vita peribit brevior, a sorte implere.
                                                Meam audiunt, placitum et patitur ut impleretur.
                                                          Hic me, et reducam Arthur Pendragon!"

In a normal ritual of necromancy, that would be it. Merlin moved to let go of Emma's hand, but she gripped his more tightly. She wasn't finished. 

                                                                               "Ego tibi hoc vas.
                                                                Ego praesens vos haec munera.
                Ego patitur meum sanguinem, et sanguinem electi ad perficere circulum vitae.
                                               Had oblationes, et praeconem in a new tempus.
                                                                     Reditum Arthur Pendragon!"