13 : Sorry, kids!

Note : So, the story is still going slowly on the romance because - as you could guess - the big thing going on still is about Zabuza, so I'll write more childhood memories between Dana and Kakashi not to make the waiting too long. Hope you enjoy it!

***

"So you feel better now?" Dana asked, verifying Kakashi's freshly healed wounds.

The brunette past a hand covered with her chakra over the jônin's body to feel if anything was wrong and see if his chakra was restored. It was a very usual gesture for a ninja with some medical training, but she still had to concentrate hard not to think about how close her hand was to his body.

"Yes, do I look wobbly?" He joked. "I'll be fine, don't worry. Thanks to your medical jutsu, I healed quicker than expected."

"Well, still. You should be careful not to do too much. You speak about Naruto being reckless but you act the same way." They exchanged a masked-smile as the silver-haired shinobi put his coat back.

"Alright then, I let him in your hands." They watched the blond teenager sleeping soundly. "He may not be able to move today at all."

They got out of the room and went downstairs, where the rest of the team and Tazuna's family were waiting for them.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Dana insisted. "Zabuza might attack any day now..."

"Don't worry Ayane, we will be prepared now, and the three of us can handle him, I'm sure of it."

A wave of affection crossed the man's heart as he put a hand on the brunette's frail shoulder. She truly looked like the girl he loved, he could feel his concern even with her face now hidden by her habitual gas-mask.

She couldn't tell him that she knew the rogue ninja would attack today, so she just prepared herself secretly as her teammates escorted Tazuna to the bridge. She would have followed them anyway, but something told her she had to stay where she was, for something else was about to happen. Sometimes, she hated her gift. As she went back upstairs and watched her brother sleep, enjoying the calm before the storm, she was drawn back in her memories.

"Still spending a lot of time alone with Gai, I see."

"Kakashi!" Dana jumped, surprised. "You could use the door, you know, like a normal person?"

The silver-haired teenager was looking at her upside down by the window of her bedroom. He chucked lightly before jumping into the room.

"How are you doing? I heard the Hokage is really happy with your work in the Anbu."

"Fine, I suppose." The boy was avoiding her stare as he slowly walked around the room, catching a glimpse of Dana's intimacy. "He's totally in love with you, you know?"

"Who?" She asked, dazed by the question.

"Gai." Kakashi stopped walking and finally faced her.

"Oh." She didn't look surprised. "I know, he's not one to hide what he's thinking, eh? But he knows I don't feel the same way and he respects that." She added, watching her friend with her head slightly tilted. Where is he going with this? She asked herself. "Is there a problem with that?"

"No, I suppose not." The boy seemed awkward. "I mean, if he knows how you feel and that doesn't bother him, there's nothing I can say."

The girl stared at him, wondering where this strange attitude was coming from.

"Kakashi... Are you bothered because he loves me? Or because I spend time alone with him?" She tried.

"No, not at all." But he looked away while saying that.

"Are you... jealous?" She asked, a grin she couldn't suppress appearing on her face.

"Why would I be? You do whatever you want with your life." But the visible part of his face was now hot red.

"Are you sure there's nothing you'd like to tell me?"

Dana got closer and closer to the teenager, who tried stepping back, until he found himself trapped against a wall. She stopped, her face an inch from his.

"So?"

Both their hearts were racing, as they tried not to show it. They had always been quite close, more and more as the time passed in fact, but there was a new tension between them, making their close proximity very tensed.

"I want to see your face." In the five years they had known each other by then, it was the first time she said it.

The young Kakashi held his breath, eyes widening, as she extended her hand to size the upper part of his mask. She stopped there. He didn't move. So she began lowering the dark fabric, her fingers caressing Kakashi's soft bare skin. He still didn't move, so she continued.

She went very slowly, lowering the mask inch by inch, making many pauses to let the boy time to stop her. But he didn't do it. Then she finally revealed his entire face. Dana hadn't let her eyes off Kakashi's while taking off his mask, using her gift to feel any negativity coming from him to stop her movement if he came to be upset by her behaviour, but all she could feel was anxiety, hope and excitement. He wanted her to see his face. So she drifted her gaze from his eyes and was finally able to see his face. And, the gods knew, he was handsome.

She raised her hand again and followed the soft features of his face with a light finger. He truly does look like his father... She thought. Maybe I should tell him about Sakumo...

Dana was about to reveal the secret she had kept since she had met the White Fang's son, when she saw Kakashi moving. One of his hands sized the back of her head as he placed his other one on her hips and closed the little distance left between them. His soft hot lips touched hers timidly first, but grew more confident when he felt she was reciprocating the kiss. She passed her arms around his waist to hug him tighter as he kissed her passionately, feeling like she could fall anytime if he let her go.

That's when the door kicked open made them separate instantly.

"Dad!" Dana screamed, face burning.

"Minato-senseï!" Kakashi yelled, quickly covering his face again.

"Sorry, kids!" The Fourth Hokage said, scratching the back of his neck, embarrassed.