Chapter 10 ( Rewrite Complete )

Febuary 28, 2042

White House
Oval Office

"Mr. President, Joint Chiefs, as we all know that Atlas has developed their own fighter to counter Menagerie's air force." Secretary of Defense, Sarah Pines, said.

"With their current progress, they can produce about 90 airframes a month." She continued

"As such, we must make plans if we are to combat this threat." Then Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Michael Allvin, Spoke up.

"How can you be sure that this jet can be a threat." He said.

"Although, this plane only goes up to transonic speeds, it is still however a threat to our slow cargo planes, helicopters and our ground assets." She answered.

"So what your saying is that they have an aircraft capable of going toe-to-toe against ours." He said.

"It does have that capability. But it doesn't have any air-to-air missiles. Nor it doesn't have any cannons." she said. Then Chief of Naval Operations, Andrew Barlett, spoke.

"It doesn't have a gun, nor having air-to-air missiles. And yet, they classify it as a Fighter.
Are they stupid?" He said.

"Sir, it does have a gun sir. It uses 4 12.7mm guns, 2 on each side." I answered.

"So, much like a WW2 design." He said.

"A Cold War fighter design actually." Then I gave them a file filled with pictures of Atlas's fighter.

"Why the hell does it like the BAC TSR-2."
The President said.

"We still don't know, sir."

They continued for several hours. Then the president mentioned Project Ulysses.

"Well Sir, the project made exellent progress with 4 of the 10 weapons currently finished and are now in operation." I said.

"4 of the 10, well thats was fast." Gen. Allvin said.

"What units are currently operational?" The president said.

"The Arsenal Birds, The Scinfaxi-class Submarine Aircraft Carriers, and the Alicorn."
She said. Getting a surprise look from all of them.

"But, what's the fourth?" ADM. Barlett said.

"The fourth one is a side project to Ulysses, Project ACEs." I said.

"They are a series of manned and unmanned fighters that can be used for any missions."

"Though, this will not replace our current ones because these will be produced in small numbers." She explained. Project ACEs was part of Project Ulysses. This project was made to study other kinds of weapons and be use as a testbed for future aircraft.

They took out the files and they read it one by one.

"Sweet mother of-, a-are you serious. These can take down anything that we can throw at it." Vice President Charlotte Archambeau, said

"Yes Madam Vice President, we are serious."
Sarah said.

"It seem i have underestimated America's technological superiority." She said.

The Advance Dominance Fighters series, CFA-44, XFA-27, X-02 and X-02S, ASF-X, GAF-1,
XFA-33, XFA-36A, and finally ZOE or the Zone of Endless. All of which, are part of Project ACEs.

While the Joint Chief look into the fighters, the president asked her about the Arkbird.

"The Arkbird is 90% complete sir. Once its finished we can launch it at Kennedy Space Center with the mass drive." She said.