16

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter sixteen

"Are you ready?" Daniel asked her in a mumble, eyebrows raised as the two of them were currently sitting in a large van with a few of their friends, ready to get to the venue of an awards show Why Don't We was invited to.

Tonight was going to be the night where the world would be introduced to Amelia as Daniel's girlfriend, and Daniel couldn't be more excited to finally share the love he had for his girl with everyone he knew.

"No," Amelia sighed softly, shaking her head. "But I know how much you want to show me off so."

It caused Daniel to grin and lean forward to plant a kiss onto her temple as his arm rested round her shoulders, "I do, but I also want you to know that if you feel anxious or scared, we can head back home and watch a movie or something."

Amelia felt how Daniel's thumb reassuringly ran up and down her arm and in the moment she couldn't help but feel safe, even if she was freaking out about tonight. And so, she shook her head and placed her hand onto Daniel's dressy-pants clad leg, "No, I'm ready. I feel like the time's right at this point."

Daniel immediately reached for her hand and raised it upwards to kiss it a couple of times before the vehicle came to a halt and he sent her a small smile, "You got this, baby."

The driver had walked up to Daniel's side of the vehicle and opened the door for them to get out of the car, Daniel stepping foot outside as the first one of the group. He adjusted his black jacket before leaning down slightly and reaching his hand out for Amelia to grab.

He helped his lover out of the car, giving her hand a squeeze to make sure she knew he was going to be there for her through this all.

It wasn't going to be easy. The sudden spotlight their relationship was going to be in, the constant judging from people who didn't know them personally- but still wanted to throw their opinion out without thinking of how Amelia and Daniel would feel. It was going to be hard to see what people would think of them, but Daniel would make sure his angel knew how much he loved her.

After Amelia got out of the car with Daniel's help, she smoothed out her black satin dress and looked up to meet Daniel's curious gaze. He was silently asking her if she was okay, and the brunette sent him a soft smile and nod to tell him everything was fine.

Things like "Oh my God!" and "Is that Amelia?!" rang clear through the air and it made both of them chuckle as they walked the red carpet, both of them waving at some fans and Daniel taking a few quick pictures with a few people before they approached the interviewers- whom were obviously waiting for the couple to arrive.

"Hey man!" A guy called out, causing Daniel to look back before he released a laugh and went over to the brown haired guy, pulling his girl with him.

"What's up, Nick? Everything good?" He asked the interviewer whilst shaking his hand.

"I'm fine man, I'm fine!" Nick answered, "So Daniel, who's this beautiful woman you brought along with you?"

Daniel's gaze darted from Nick towards Amelia, who had been patiently standing right next to him and smiling at how Daniel felt so comfortable around this interviewer.

"This is Amelia," The brunette introduced his girlfriend proudly, eyes lingering on her face, "My beautiful girlfriend."

Amelia chuckled and felt how a blush spread across her cheeks, her hands clammy from all of the attention drawn towards her all of a sudden. "Hi! Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Nick smiled, "So, can you tell us some more about how you two met?"

Amelia chuckled and looked at Daniel, who had a grin spread across his face while thinking back to their first night together, "Well it was really unexpected actually," She started, "I didn't really like him at first, but the Seavey charm obviously worked its wonders."

"Nah, she was annoyed with me the first few times we met up, which was a fair reaction," Daniel added, lightly shrugging his shoulders, "Had to try my best to win her over but I'm so glad I kept annoying her with my presence."

"I had to give in eventually," Amelia laughed, patting Daniel's chest before locking gazes with him, earning a toothy smile as he wrapped his arm around Amelia's waist to pull her closer. "But I love him for it."

It wasn't the first time Daniel heard the L-word fall from her lips, but it was the first time he ever heard Amelia discussing her feelings for Daniel with someone else while he was there to hear it for himself.

He silently thanked Nick for asking them that question and once they ended the interview, Daniel pulled Amelia closer to his side while they were making their way towards the entrance of the venue. He noticed how all the other interviewers were occupied with interviewing Daniel's band mates and their girlfriends or other celebrities.

"You did so fucking well," The brunette told her proudly, planting a kiss onto her temple before tangling their fingers together. "I told you everything would be fine, didn't I?"

Amelia playfully rolled her eyes, sticking out her tongue, "Yeah sure, Mr. Know-It-All," She chuckled, "That went better than I expected it to go, so that's good I guess."

"You're the best angel, I wouldn't have expected anything else."