04

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑   𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter four

Kayla's hand ran up and down Amelia's spine as the two of them were watching a movie, Amelia's head resting on her best friend's lap as her eyes were strained on Troy Bolton aggressively walking down the golf court while singing Bet On It.

When Amelia barged through the front door of their shared apartment and threw her purse into the corner of the room, Kayla already knew something must've happened at her lunch with Daniel. She didn't ask any questions and just decided to put on their favorite High School Musical movie to calm Amelia down. Kay learned Amelia would talk whenever she felt like she wanted to.

Amelia's phone lit up from where it was charging in the corner of the couch, and Kayla found herself looking at the contact name flashing across the screen. Usually she wouldn't, but Amelia's phone kept lighting up with calls and texts and once Kayla found the name of the asshole skipping her best friend at lunch, the brunette rolled her eyes and flipped the phone around so the screen now came in contact with the leather couch.

"Was he calling again?"

Amelia's voice startled Kayla, as she didn't expect the brunette to even notice what was going on. Kayla sighed before nodding her head, causing her best friend to sit up straight before she sighed. "He has been trying to contact me ever since the fucker stood me up and I told him I was the only one taking this seriously."

Kayla chuckled at her stubbornness, shaking her head lightly before taking ahold of Amelia's hands. "Honey," She started, "I hate to break it to ya, but him calling you a thousand times kinda tells me he is willing to take this seriously even if he left you hanging."

Amelia sighed deeply and held her hand up for Kayla, who placed the device into the palm of the brunette's hand. Amelia narrowed her eyes at her friend as a way of saying she hated how right Kayla was, tapping the screen to let her notifications show.

Daniel had called her seven times and shot her a text about ten times, telling her how sorry he was for leaving her waiting and coming around way too late. He also told her he understood where she was coming from with the thought of her being the only one that was taking it seriously, but Daniel assured her he was more than willing to go in for a million percent if Amelia wanted to forgive him and reschedule lunch for tomorrow.

"You have to be nice to him or it's going to be a long ass time of being fed up with him," Kayla shrugged her shoulders, a grin dancing on her lips as she noticed Amelia roll her eyes once again.

The brunette tapped onto one of Daniel's messages, opening the conversation to see his actual texts. The amount of sad emoji faces he had sent her made her chuckle slightly, memories of their first night together flooding back into her mind. It took her back to when she caught Daniel stealing her shots and sending her a puppy dog face when she tried to take her liquor back.

𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹
𝚙𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚕, 𝚒𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 :((((((

𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮
𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Amelia stayed in the chat to see how fast he'd respond to her text, Kayla chuckling at the sassy text Amelia sent to the faux blonde. If she was going to try again with Daniel, Amelia would do it her way. And that was most likely going to be the sassy and sarcastic way.

After about ten seconds the small text changed from delivered to read, and the three bubbles popped up- indicating that Daniel was typing.

𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹
𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚏𝚌 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕 😌

Kayla let out a squeal, knowing how obsessed Amelia was with her KFC and it made her glad Daniel was actually trying his best to make it up to Amelia.

Amelia found herself grinning at the boy's text, remembering how they talked about late night snacks and food chains they preferred- Amelia obviously telling him she would die for her KFC order. It surprised her Daniel still remembered because they were both pretty smashed that night- but she loved it when someone would remember small details she told them.

𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮
𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚗𝚊 𝚕𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚢

𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹
𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐?

"This man is trying so hard," Amelia sighed before she chuckled, shaking her head at the small and playful conversation that was currently going on between them. It felt like the first time they had met each other at the bar, innocent and carefree.

𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮
𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚗
𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚑, 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚊
𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜

"As he should," Kayla added as she popped a Pringle into her mouth, leaning her head against Amelia's shoulder as the pair of besties waited for the band member to text back.

Amelia smiled and locked her phone as Kayla cleared her throat, "Ames?" She spoke up, "Are you really sure you can handle everything going on? I mean- you felt something when you two spent the night together so how do you feel about him now?"

The brunette took over the can of Pringles after taking a few sips and placing down her glass of rose wine. She fished a few of her favorite crisps out of the can while thinking about how to answer her best friend's question.

"I don't know how to feel to be honest," Amelia answered quietly, "Daniel and I's thing was just a spur of the moment and I don't think he feels the same. I don't even know how I feel about him- which makes things even worse."

Kayla nodded, "That's fair," She assured Amelia, "I think you should just spend some time with him, I mean you obviously have too considering this whole fake dating thing," The girls chuckled. "But get to know him, see what he likes besides making music. Even if it'll be a tight friendship- you will gain something from it. I'm pretty sure."

Amelia smiled and nodded, wrapping an arm around Kayla's shoulders to give the girl a tight hug. She unlocked her phone with Face ID, looking at the green text bubble on the right sight of the conversation.

𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹
𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚒 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚕
𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 🤪

+
hehe look at danilia trying to be nice!!!
don't worry, daniel will most certainly be teased about not showing up before hehe 😉

ily ily ily