01

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter one

She sighed softly as she watched the numbers go up, the floors passing by as she stood in the elevator and waited patiently until she reached the fourteenth floor. The ding of the elevator filled the silence surrounding her and the doors opened, a soft sigh falling from her lips as she straightened out her oversized leather blazer and made her way towards the office.

She walked down the long hallway and greeted some people until her eye fell onto the opened door of the office she had to be in. Voices were heard as they held conversation, a few laughs being shared. Amelia sighed softly before deciding to clear her throat and knock onto the door, opening it slightly once she was called in.

A smile spread onto her manager's face once the brunette came into view, "Ah, Amelia! Right on time, come in."

And she did so, letting herself step foot into the office as she brushed her curtain bangs away from her face. "Hi!" She smiled brightly, noticing three guys sitting on the leather couch straight across from where Dennis - her manager - was currently seated. Two of the brunette guys had their heads turned, warm and welcoming smiles shown on their face. The younger looking one was typing away on his phone before looking up and excusing himself, "I'm sorry, I was just texting Daniel our orders," He told her with a smile, "I can send him yours too if you want to have some lunch?"

Amelia shook her head lightly, "No it's all good, I ate already," She told him with a genuine smile after seating herself onto the chair that was just a feet away from the couch. "I'm Amelia by the way," The brunette smiled while sending the three guys a wave, placing her purse down on the side of the leather seat.

The youngest looking one smiled and sent her a wave back, telling her his name was Zach. Seated next to Zach was a curly haired boy named Jonah, and he looked around Amelia's age. He sent her a toothy smile, and even if she didn't know why she was here with so many unfamiliar strangers, she felt like he would be the easiest to make conversation with. The guy sitting on the same couch as Jonah and closest to Amelia introduced himself as Corbyn, passing the pack of chocolate chip cookies to her with a big grin.

She chuckled and took one from the pack, "So, can someone tell me why I'm here?"

Dennis finally spoke up, clasping his hands together, "I was going to wait until Daniel and Jack came back, but I can start w-"

"Food delivery!"

Amelia's head turned just as the other one's, her eye falling onto another brunette walking int the room with raised arms, two paper bags tightly clutched in each hand. He looked familiar to Amelia, but she couldn't tell where she had seen him before or if they ever met in person, but his smile definitely seemed one she had seen before. He introduced himself as Jack, and the brunette shook his hand with a smile before telling him her name as well.

Once she turned her head, she felt her insides turn and the heat rise up to her cheeks. Her eyes locked with his ocean blue ones, just like they did the first time she met him, and the same feeling of excitement ran through her body. The blonde seemed to notice too after his eyes fell on her, a smug grin forming on his lips once he noticed Amelia's tinted cheeks. "Hi," He spoke up, reaching forward to extend his hand and grasp hers in his grip, kissing the top of her hand. "Nice to see you again."

Amelia was in awe with how smooth he was acting. She thought back at their night together and realized that was just his behavior - flirtatious and cheeky. She noticed how everyone else in the room fell silent and had their eyes on them after he had greeted her the way he did, and it caused her to clear her throat, "Never thought I'd see you in a sober state."

Corbyn snorted at her remark, Jonah and Zach's eyes widening at her statement. Daniel playfully rolled his eyes before stuffing his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, placing himself onto the chair right next to hers. Dennis looked at the pair as if he saw water burning, but shook himself out of the trance he was in. "I see you two met before," He smiled, "That's great, because I called you guys in for a reason."

Amelia narrowed her eyes at her manager, not quite understanding what the five guys sitting next to her had to do with it. Dennis noticed as he sat back into the chair, "You guys have a fan base of your own," He looked at the guys, "So has Amelia," He continued, "And it came to mine and Randy's notice that a lot of people are in both of your fan bases, and want to see some sort of content of you together."

"And? What does that mean?" Amelia asked him with furrowed eyebrows, still confused as to why she was here. "Do we have to record a cover or something?"

Dennis smiled, "That would be an option too yes, considering you have your YouTube channel and all of you guys sing," He started, "But that's not what we intended actually."

Amelia turned het head to look at the guys, all of their faces scrunched up together in confusion. It was nice to know she wasn't the only one aware of the fact that both of their managers had made decisions without their consent, and the guys did not have a single clue as to what was happening either.

"And we also didn't know who to pick," He continued, his eyes falling on Daniel before darting his gaze towards Amelia, "But since you two apparently met before, I think it's a great idea to ask you to get involved in this publicity stunt."

"Publicity stunt?" Daniel spoke up before Amelia was able to, "What kind of stunt?"

"Yeah, please tell us why we're here because apparently it's this big ass plan you've got?" Amelia continued, getting an approved nod from Daniel to silently tell her he also wanted to know why there were called in like it was an emergency.

Dennis nodded, "It's a stunt where I ask you guys to completely get into it, otherwise it's not going to work. And it might sound insane, but Randy and I decided it's best for both of your careers," He smiled nervously, "We're going to need you guys to date. We don't care how, but you guys need to make it work. Make it seem real, that's what we want. That's what the fans want."

Daniel was a loss for words, just like his band mates. Amelia wasn't, and decided to speak up. "I'm sorry, but what if the fans find out this is all a publicity stunt? Isn't that going to make us seem like extreme assholes?"

Dennis shrugged his shoulders, "That's exactly why you two have to nail this. You don't want to be assholes now, do you?"

+

well well well, look at asshole managers!! told u guys this plot was going to be something different ;)
ilysm and ty for reading <33333