13

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter thirteen

"So how are you feeling about coming out as a couple?" Kayla asked her best friend as the two of them sat at Barney's, their favorite small and local diner located in downtown Los Angeles.

Amelia put down her vanilla milkshake after taking a sip, thinking about the right answer because she didn't really knowing how to express herself and put her feelings into words.

It was clear to Amelia that her feelings were all over the place whenever Daniel was the subject. Thinking about him, being with him, grinning at his texts- it was obvious she had fallen harder for him than she first intended to.

Their managers had announced Amelia and Daniel would come out as a couple very soon, a few important gatherings for the boys warming them up for that. Amelia had gotten used to Daniel's fans speaking their minds about their relationship, but all the flashing lights and annoying paparazzi was something she had to get used to.

"I'm afraid it won't be the same anymore," The brunette spoke up honestly, sighing softly, "At this point we're just- I mean it's just us and the few people that know we're actually together instead of us faking it.. But-"

"You're still scared he isn't fully convinced about this whole thing?" Kayla asked her softly, placing a hand on Amelia's to comfort her, "Can I just tell you something? I am one hundred percent sure this guy is head over heels for you. The way he texts you even after he just left, how he always wants you guys to touch or be near each other. And besides that, it's impossible for him to not like you back. Look at you, bitch. You're stunning."

Kayla's words caused Amelia to roll her eyes and chuckle at the compliments, finding it adorable how her best friend was trying to comfort her throughout this. "Thanks Kay," She smiled, "I'll have to make sure Daniel knows how I feel, I mean- that's the least I could do."

"Whatcha thinking about, love?" His soft voice filled her ears, nose nudging her cheek before his lips came in contact with her cheek. Daniel got himself comfortable on his bed, right next to where Amelia was caught up in her thoughts.

She sighed softly and sent him a quick smile, resting the side of her face against the bed so she was able to look at Daniel. "Do you think going public will eventually tear us apart?"

Daniel was prepared to answer any question she was going to ask him, but he didn't think it'd be one like the one she actually asked. He saw the worry clear in her eyes, and it caused him the frown at the way she was feeling. He could imagine the whole "getting known" subject was going to be hard for her because of the criticism and nasty comments people were going to make, and a question like this was almost inevitable.

With Amelia being known on the internet due to some of her covers on YouTube and having an aesthetically pleasing Instagram page, she was aware people were going to make comments either way. She never really cared about them until she met Daniel, and with them going public very soon, she was obviously afraid people would throw out more hatred and break them down eventually.

Daniel licked his lips as he thought about it, brushing some strands out of her face after they fell out of the messy ponytail on top of her head. He shook his head as his fingertips brushed the top of her cheek and jaw, icy eyes locking with hers, "No," He answered genuinely, "I honestly don't give a fuck about what people say about us. It's you and me, and honestly, that's all that will ever matter to me, love."

His words caused a shy smile to form on her face, shielding her head from his view in the hopes to try and hide the blush that was forming on her cheeks. It caused Daniel to chuckle, the warm sound sending vibrations up and down her spine while his hands found their way towards her waist. "Is my baby getting shy? Huh?"

Amelia laughed and swatted the hand away that raised up to turn her head, groaning slightly. "I fucking hate you, Seavey."

Daniel sat up straight and carefully pulled on one of her arms to make her sit up with him, noticing how she playfully rolled her eyes before sighing, looking up at Daniel. His eyebrows were raised in curiosity, "Are you sure about that?"

The brunette lightly smacked his T-shirt clad chest, scooting over towards the end of the bed to get off, but only felt how Daniel's arms wrapped around her shoulders to pull her back into his chest. His lips brushed the shell of her ear before they trailed towards her cheek, a few kisses peppered across the heated skin, "Lia?"

The nickname sent chills down her spine as well as the slight touches he made, her eyes closing in ecstasy. She enjoyed these kind of moments with Daniel because they were so easy, but filled with love and calmness and because it was just the two of them trying to refrain theirselves from their skin touching every single second.

"Stop it," She chuckled, grabbing his hands before sighing softly, "I'm just afraid we won't be the same as we are right now."

"Why do you think so?" He asked her genuinely, pulling her closer to wrap his arms around her and press a kiss onto the top of her head.

"Just because- like a lot of people are going to interfere with our relat- with us. I'm just afraid we'll get too caught up in what people say about us and we'll eventually start to believe shit even if we know better than that."

Amelia didn't quite know how to call whatever the two of them had, but when she looked up to meet Daniel's gaze, he was having a smirk dancing on his lips. "We won't," He answered, "I get too caught up in how fucking amazing you are to think about what other people think about us."