07

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter seven

"This man is totally in love with you," Kayla spoke up while pushing a Pringle inside her mouth, nodding her head to herself after Amelia had told her best friend about the previous events she had with Daniel before returning home. "But then again, how can he not?"

"I don't think he is," Amelia snorted as she took over the can of crisps, swinging her legs across Kayla's lap to get comfortable as they shared the couch while watching some late night TV. "And even if he was, why the fuck would he pick my sarcastic ass to love?"

Kayla chuckled softly as she patted Amelia's legs, thinking for a second before shrugging her shoulders, "I think the fact that you guys already kicked it all the way to third base on the first time you met made all of this fake dating a whole lot easier. For as long as it's gonna be fake."

The brunette pushed her best friend backwards when she made that statement, "Are you calling me a hoe?"

Kayla playfully shrugged her shoulders, "I guess you're not considered as one because you're now actually dating him, makes things a lot better."

"Fake dating, Kay," Amelia cut her off, throwing a Pringle in Kayla's direction before sighing, "It does all feel way too real though. Like- he just casually went along with all of the small intimate things without thinking twice. And then, he drops me off and is like 'I'd like to do that again' and he kisses me on the fucking cheek- like may I add- way too close to my mouth and-"

"Lia!" Kay laughed, bringing her hand upwards to let her best friend stop rambling, "It's fucking clear he feels something for you too. I keep saying this, but if he didn't he wouldn't have made it up to you in the first place. And taking you to KFC plus ordering you barbecue sauce just adds up to that."

Amelia sighed softly as she swirled the wine around in her glass, letting her head fall back against the arm rest of the couch, "Maybe I'm seeing it wrong and he's just trying to be nice- I don't- I mean- I know I'll be hurt if I open up too much and he's just like yeah you're great but not in the same way you think of me."

"Oh shit, she's quoting 5sos," Kayla chuckled, clinging her glass together with Amelia's to say cheers, "The only thing that's clear and certain is that you are having to deal and spend many time with this man, so you might as well just make the best out of it."

Amelia shrugged her shoulders to tell her best friend she was right, chugging the last few gulps of wine before sighing contently, "You got that right, bitch."

The next morning, Amelia woke up after her phone dinged from where it was charging on her night stand. It caused her to groan and wake up with narrowed eyes, the bright sun light shining through the window indicating that she forgot to close the curtains before she went to bed at an ungodly hour.

d seevee
whatcha doin

She rolled her eyes playfully before rolling onto her back, quick to type a response.

lia
good morning to you too lmao
im happy being a burrito rn why
what do you need

A yawn escaped her mouth as she waited for Daniel to text her back, noticing it was only eleven in the morning. It caused her to sigh, the head ache she was sporting starting to get worse. Last night, after getting back from her 'date' with Daniel, Amelia and Kayla decided to just lounge around their apartment while drinking wine and eating Pringle's.

Thinking back to last night made Amelia think about how they discussed Daniel's behavior. It was clear that he liked Amelia enough to do the things they had to do to make sure their fake relationship would work, but was he actually starting to like her as more than just a friend?

d seevee
i need you to get a nice dress and come to this fancy dinner party with me later tonight

Amelia knew that these type of gatherings or parties would eventually come around and that she had to tag along as Daniel's girlfriend for the world to see, trying to convince everyone they were a real couple.

lia
uh ok sure
can we like discuss things beforehand bc im a lil scared

Amelia was well known due to her YouTube career and small covers on her Instagram page, but she never really went to any big events because they tended to give her anxiety and she just knew she'd ruin herself if she'd ever give into that side of being well-known.

But now, she knew she had no other chance but to step into the spotlight. She was glad she at least got Daniel by her side to slightly calm her down, as well as the other boys and their girlfriends. She hadn't met them yet, but couldn't wait to socialize with the girls she'd be spending much time with.

dee seevee
ofc, i can pick you up to go to lunch and then maybe we can get your dress at the mall?
corbyn's girlfriend is getting ready here too and i think you'd like her 😌

It caused the brunette to smile before she sat up straight and stretched her body. Daniel then texted her he'd pick her up around twelve to lunch and go shopping after, and Amelia found herself excited to see him again after they spend their day at the beach together.

Her stomach turned a bit when she also realized she was getting way too attached to this guy, and that it was probably going to get out of hand at some point in their friendship slash relationship. At this point, Amelia also didn't really care and just felt the need to enjoy the time she was able to spend with Daniel before things got serious and she couldn't get out of his grip anymore.

Amelia sighed and shook her head to herself, knowing that it was going to be a hard ass time trying to not fall for the boy who had already stolen her heart the first night they met.