11

𝐁 𝐄 𝐓 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐌 𝐀 𝐍
chapter eleven

With alcohol running through their system and their vision blurry, Daniel and Amelia were currently giggling as she tried to get the key into the keyhole of the front door, ready to get into bed and call it a day after having a fun night with Harley and Jack.

Kayla had texted Amelia she wouldn't be home so Amelia would have the place to herself, not forgetting to add a winky face emoji. It caused Amelia to laugh, knowing that her best friend and roommate was supportive of the bond she had with Daniel and didn't want to take away any time by bothering them just yet.

"Oh yes! Got it!" Amelia cheered after she turned the door knob and stepped inside, the welcoming scent of Kayla's cotton scented candles filling her senses. "Oh shit, I forgot you haven't even been inside before."

Daniel chuckled after he closed the door behind him, watching how Amelia lead the way up the stairs. He followed her every move to make sure she wasn't too drunk to miss a step or tumble down the stairs.

"Welcome to my cave, I'm sorry if you find some candy wrappers," She apologized with a chuckle and a shrug, dropping her purse onto the chair in the corner of the room before letting herself fall back onto her neatly made bed. She struggled to get rid of the jeans she was wearing, but once the tight material was on the floor and she was left in a shirt, she groaned loudly. "Oh that last mojito really hit me hard."

Daniel laughed and ran his fingers through his hair, stretching his arms before reaching for the back of his hoodie to pull it over his head and place it onto the chair. He noticed Amelia had sat up, arms behind her so she was able to lean onto her elbows. Her gaze fell onto him and it was clear she thought about the time they were in this right exact moment the first time they met, just a change of scenery since they weren't at Daniel's this time.

"Stop doing that," She whined quietly, letting herself fall back onto the bed while covering her eyes, not wanting to look at Daniel.

He grinned to himself while shaking his head, sitting himself down right next to her. "Doing what exactly?"

She sighed deeply and let her hands rest onto her stomach, eyes trained on the ceiling, "The thing where you have this look in your eyes and you just look at me as if I can cure every single shitty thing in this world."

It caused Daniel to chuckle and lay down right next her, arms folded behind his head as he looked at the ceiling. He decided to keep quiet to get another reaction from Amelia, who was currently swinging her feet back and forth as her legs dangled off the end of the bed.

She sighed softly and rolled on her side, letting her arm drape over Daniel's chest after placing a light kiss onto his shoulder. Daniel was sure that she was unaware of doing these actions without thinking about them- with Amelia being intoxicated and tired, he was aware of her being in a cuddly state.

In this right exact moment, Daniel was fully aware of the feelings he had for Amelia. He adored the way her body  perfectly molded together with his when they cuddled or hugged and how he got used to the smell of her fruity shampoo filling his senses whenever he held her.

Her sarcastic comments filled his heart with joy and laughter, and it made him aware of how boring life would be without Amelia's humor.

It was the way they both would feel the tension between them and were on the same page when it came to leaning in to kiss- but the moment was always ruined because of a phone call or someone storming in on them.

Daniel wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer, her head now resting on his chest. He was pretty sure she fell asleep, her soft breathing clear in the quiet bedroom. It caused him to smile and plant a kiss onto the top of her head, closing his eyes momentarily to enjoy the moment.

"Thank you for stealing my shots that one night," She mumbled quietly while Daniel wanted to get them underneath the covers, the chilly air of her open window making him shiver slightly. He chuckled and pulled her underneath the duvet, hand now resting on the small of her back, underneath the soft material of her shirt.

"Can you write that down for me? Usually you tell me what a dick move that is and now you thank me for it," He spoke up, thumb brushing up and down her warm skin.

Amelia let out a laugh before pulling back slightly to look at Daniel. This was one of those moments where they both knew the air was thick and there was something going to happen, causing them both to lightly freak out about it.

Amelia reached her hand upwards to cup his cheek, the light scruff underneath her soft fingertips being a nice contrast. Daniel's blue eyes curiously looked back at her as his hand bunched up the cotton material of her shirt, trying to distract him from all of the feelings running through his veins at this moment.

The brunette slightly leaned forward, her nose now brushing Daniel's before she closed her eyes and stayed still for a second. Daniel spoke up, his voice quiet but loud enough for her to hear, "Don't pressure yourself," He told her genuinely, not wanting her to kiss him when her body told her to do so, the alcohol in her system making her loosen up more.

"I'm not," She told him, "Just building up some courage here, sir."

Daniel chuckled and lightly pulled the bunched up fabric to pull her even closer. He softly nudged his nose against hers before he felt her leaning in, the courage she was talking about now bubbling up. It was a split second before he felt her soft lips against his, his heart beating faster than it ever did before.

It wasn't long until Daniel slightly squeezed her hip, causing a whimper to fall from her lips. He took action and deepened the kiss, Amelia reacting to him quickly.

There may have been a few drinks that leaded up to this exact moment, but in a sober state, both of them would've felt the same and they both knew that this action could lead to so much more.