Delphi Strawberry Farms

Camp Half Blood

Mr. D was actually having a pretty good day. He was still on probation, and he was still "grounded" at that stupid camp, so the day was horrible by default, but it was still one of the more relaxing days the god had had since being assigned as an immortal babysitter. Currently, Dionysus was lounging on the porch of the Big House, playing Pinochle against a group of satyrs. And he was on a winning streak. 

Of course, the entire afternoon immediately went downhill when a blasted hellhound appeared a foot away, woofing loudly. The god's mood instantly soured. 

"And just why is that thing interrupting my game, Annabelle Chain?" Mr. D drawled. He was beginning to feel rather ill-tempered. Bad things usually happened to demigods when he was feeling ill-tempered.

Annabeth, seated atop Mrs. O'Leary, smiled pleasantly at the god, though the edges of her grin seemed a little forced. "Apologies, Mr. D. I don't think Mrs. O'Leary realized there was a game going on when she shadow travelled in." Dionysus hmphed, but it did soothe his temper to know that the girl did at least have some respect for the gods. 

The son of Poseidon, sitting behind his girlfriend, didn't seem to share Annabeth's reverence. "How important can a dumb card game be?"

"Ah, Peter Johnson. Back from prison so soon?"

The demigod grit his teeth. "Percy. Jackson. And yeah, Annabeth busted me out. How's your sentence going?"

Annabeth elbowed Percy in the ribs. Hard. "Anyways, Mr. D, we'll get Mrs. O'Leary out of your hair so you can continue your card game. Have a nice afternoon!" she quickly steered the hellhound toward the training grounds. 

"It's already been ruined by you brats," the god muttered, pulling a fresh can of Diet Coke out of the air. 

Avengers Tower

"Boss, he's stopped," Friday announced. "I can now pinpoint a more accurate location. 

"Great," Tony nodded, heading toward his lab's computer. "Where is he?"

"Montauk, Long Island, New York. I've uploaded the coordinates to both your phone and your suit."

"Perfect," the billionaire muttered, sending an update to the rest of the team. 

When they'd first made contact with Percy, Tony (thanks to Fury's advice) had taken the precaution of attaching a tracker to the kid's shoe. After the escape, the tracker had briefly gone offline before appearing over a hundred miles away. 

They'd been worried that the device had been found and tampered with, a concern which was further validated by the new geographic location. These coordinates could very well be just a dead end or a trap.

But if the kid was as dangerous as Fury seemed to believe, then they couldn't afford to ignore any possible lead. 

Tony sighed. "Friday, tell the team to suit up."

Camp Half Blood

Chiron looked troubled. "If a mortal police force has taken interest in you, then we must be very cautious moving forward."

Percy shrugged. "It's really not that big of a deal. They just asked me a bunch of questions."

"It is a big deal," Annabeth said. "And they're not just a police force. The Avengers are a team of superheroes. They have abilities that exceed most mortals. One of them claims to be a god."

The centaur raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Thor."

"Ah, the god of thunder. What a rascal. Always providing his counterpart with quite a challenge."