"He just texted and told me to come to Keaunte's house. That's the place to take me I promise." I lied. "Is there something fishy going on around here?" My dad asked. "No, can you just drop me at Keaunte's place, please."

"Alright come on."

**

"Do you need us to wait?" My mom asked as we pulled in his driveway. "No, I'll just ask him to take me home." I said getting out the car. I knocked on his door and he opened it with the most confused look on his face.

"Where is he?"

I could tell that I woke him up out of his sleep.

"Okay, good morning. You're walking again, thats great news. Where is who?" He asked as he let me into the house. "Isaiah. I haven't seen or heard from him in the last three days."

"I haven't seen or heard from him either."

"You're his best friend, why not?" "

Baby I just came back from shaking my ass on a yacht, in a thong, in Dubai. Nah I'm just playing I went to the islands to see my grandparents, I haven't seen or heard from anybody in the past three days. You're his girlfriend, why haven't you?"

"There was a ... situation."

"Man I leave for the weekend and yall niggas fucking up. What did he do now?" He sighed shaking his head. "He didn't do anything, look that's not important. He's not answering my calls, it's like he blocked me. So can you call him, just to make sure he's okay."

"Can I call him after I go back to sleep for like ten minutes?"

"Keaunte, now please."

"Fineee." He groaned. He pulled out his phone FaceTiming him.

"What." Isaiah said answering the phone.

"Don't tell him I'm here." I mouthed to Keaunte.

"I just got back in town bro, where you at?" He asked. "Minding my business, you need something?" Isaiah asked. "Trynna hang with the gang, stop acting like that." Keaunte said. "Look, no disrespect but I'm not trying hang with nobody right now."

"Wait, was that a girl behind you?" Keaunte asked him getting my full attention. "Keaunte do you need something or not?"

"Yeah, what's up with you and your girl?" Keaunte asked making me push his leg. "What girl? I'm single." He said. "Bro ch-" He cut Keaunte off. "Man look, I'm gone for a minute ight. I'll see you when I see you." He said before hanging up. "I thought I told you not to bring my name up."

"Well, I ain't know what else to say."

~Isaiah POV

"Okay so what do you want to do today." My mom said sitting down next to me. "Look we ain't gang alright. I just need a place to get away." I said. "Are you going to tell me what you're trying to get away from?"

"Not really."

"Well can we just talk."

"Talk about what?" I sighed rubbing my hands down my face. "Life. How have you been son?" She asked. "Just great, ma. Can we talk about anything else but that."

"Can we talk about building a relationship. I want one with my son, before it's too late." She said. "You've had plenty opportunities. I'm not about to waste my time trying to bond with you if all you gone do is fall back into fucking drugs ma."

"Zay, I'm clean now. I promise."

"That's what you always say."

~Keaunte POV

"What the fuck happened with yall?" I asked looking at Jessica. "Nothing."

"If he's apparently single, something happened. Spill it." I  said. "Joshua happened." She said making me raise a brow. "What did he do?"

"The day that Isaiah came to the hospital to give me all those gifts, Joshua came too, after Isaiah left." She said. "He was talking to me, one thing led to another and he kissed me. And I didn't stop him."

"You fucking what!"

"I didn't know that Isaiah seen the whole thing. He walked off and I haven't talked to him since." She said. "Let me get this straight. The same nigga that tried to rape you, and then tried to get your boyfriend shot but ended up shooting you is the same nigga you let kiss you?"

"It was a mistake Keaunte." She sighed. "And I want it to get better."

"Look, as your friend, I can tell you things might get better, But as Isaiah's friend, and basically his brother, I can tell you that y'all might never talk again."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋