That night, I watched the man who entered my life sleep. I watch as his chest rises and falls, his soft snores as he exhales through his nose. I studied the man who can have any girl he wants but wants to spend time with me. This beautiful island man is sleeping on the same bed as me. I rub my chest, having that thumping feeling. I hate getting close to men, especially what happened during my childhood. I hate men touching me as it reminds me of him. Though I overcame it throughout the year, I can never forget it. But when Seth touches me, I feel warmth and calm from him. He can make the raging monster inside be tamed.

I heard stories from the girls and their men that Seth was a much bigger player than they were. When they were young, their dad was stationed in Japan, and to give a big present to their mom, Seth and his brothers had to work in an unfamiliar place where you have to speak the language.

I heard that Seth's job as a teenager was as an escort. He was picked because of his pretty-boy face. He had many female clients and some males as well. So, it got me thinking if he goes both ways. His becoming close to me the first time we met made me wonder if he saw me as a man. All the blind dates I had to go on with him had me uncomfortable being his wingman. I remembered he was giving me advice on how to court women. Of course, I was furious and yelled at his face not to get into my life regarding relationships.

At that time, I became sensitive and stupid. Seth tried to help me, but I got mad at him because I'm a woman.

A soft knock returns my senses from my mind as Gunner sticks his head. "What is it?"

"Cap, Ghost is on the phone with the Big Boss," he says. His expression tells me that something is wrong. Big Boss he is referring to is Odin.

Am I in trouble or something?

"Okay, what does it have to do with me?" I ask him, then look at Persephone and Seth's curious faces. "Why didn't he call me through my phone?"

Gunner shrug. "I don't know, but he wants to talk to you."

I nod and follow Gunner out of the room as he leads me to the office, where I find Ghost on the phone.

"Yes, sir," he replies and spots me. I close the door and stand next to him. "Yes, sir. She is here. Okay."

Ghost hands me the phone and leaves the room. I place the voice in my ear and answer. "Sir?"

"Terry dear, how are you feeling?" Odin's voice is heard on the other end of the call.

"I'm fine, sir. I can still feel the sting, but I'm okay."

"That is good. When I heard from Kendall that you were shot, I would be worried about you, but knowing you and you've been through more dangerous shit."

I let out a chuckle, agreeing.

"Now, back to the real reason, I had called through Myles' phone instead of yours," Odin's voice became severe as it made me straighten my back. When his voice becomes severe, this call is not personal but business.

I swallow hard.

"I call through this phone instead of yours because we are being cautious when Eva hacks your number."

"Are you saying she knows I infiltrated the auction house?" I feel very uneasy. I had the perfect disguise because Eva didn't know it was me whom she kept as a pet.

"Our spies told us that one of the Order members told Hugo that a woman had taken her child away. She even filed a kidnapping claim to the authorities, but Kendall had to redirect the claim to one of her people."

"Her child?" I scoff at the word coming from Eve.

Her child? Eve isn't the type to have or care for a child. The child may be unique to her, but there is no special feeling between a mother and her child.