Hide and seek

Once I am done with my clothes, I get out of my room and begin walking out of the dorm. "Hey. Where are you going to?" Mirio asks me. "I am going to the school. I need some information on...a matter. I won't be late." I say and Mirio gets up from the couch. "Oh no, no, no. You are not going alone. Aizawa-sensei told us that one of us should always accompany you, wherever you go." Mirio says, acting like the protective brother he is trying to be. "Togata, it is literally 5 minutes from here. I am going to be okay on my own. But...I wouldn't say no to some company." I say and end my sentence with a smile. "Great. Give me a sec to put on my shoes and we are out." Mirio says and I wait for him. He wears his shoes and we walk to the school.

"Sooo, anything in particular you want to say to me?" he asks me. "Uhh, like what?" I ask, oblivious of the fact that Nejire has told him everything about my feeling towards Tamaki. "Well, I am discreet, I don't ask questions. I only asked if you want to say anything to me. Do you maybe like a boy?" Togata asks me and my eyes widen. "W-wha-A-at? No! Where did you get that idea from?" I ask him. "Oh nowhere. You know me, I am always discreet." He says and we stay in silence. "So, you don't like Tamaki?" he bursts out and I am caught off-guard. "W-what?" I ask him. "You heard me." he insists. "Well, I-I, umm..." I start saying, but I can't form a sentence. Shit what do I say? Okay, what are my options?

a) Say 'yes' and Togata transmits it to Tamaki. Tamaki:

1) likes me and things turn out well or

2) doesn't like me and things turn out bad

b) Say 'no' and Togata transmits it to Tamaki. Tamaki:

1) likes me, so he is heartbroken, hates me and then I realize I am stupid, but I won't be able to fix my mistake, or

2) doesn't like me and he treats me as a friend for the rest of our lives and I will never be able to get out of friendzone.

Oh, this is bad. I have to go with 'a'. "I uhh...maybe??" I say in an uncertain tone. "Is that a question, or a statement?" he asks me, well mostly interrogates me. "Oh, look! We have reached the school. I have to go inside and ask for the...thing I want." I say, avoiding the question. Togata chuckles. What is so funny?

I get inside and knock the door of Midnight-sensei's office. "Who is it?" she asks. "It's me, y/n, Midnight-san." I say. "Oh, come in my sweetie!" she says and I walk inside. "What can I do for you, my precious??" she asks me, blinking multiple times. "I-I wanted to ask you something. But you can't tell mister Aizawa." I say, clarifying. "Oooh a secret! You know I love those! Come on, spill the tea." Midnight says, clapping her hands excitingly. "It is more of a question than a secret. You see, I like this boy *Midnight gasps*, but I don't know if it's a crush or...love." I say. "Oh my God! My little one is growing up!! You came to the right person. Now tell me, what do you feel when he is around?" she asks me. "I actually don't feel butterflies in my stomach, more like a knot. I am anxious around him, but also comfortable. He is the one with who I don't have to talk the negative feelings I have sometimes, because he simply erases them. All of them, just by smiling. Every time he smiles, I melt. No matter if I am the cause of that smile or not. He-" I say, but Midnight-san cuts me off. "Honey, you don't have to say anything more. The words that came out of your mouth in addition to the blush on your face, says it all. It is love!!" she says and cups her face with her hands at the last word. "Y-you think?" I ask her and she nods her head intensively. "Yes! I am sure!!" she says.

I think about it, maybe she is right. The edges of my lips turn upwards. "Thank you, Midnight-san. See you in class tomorrow." I say and step out of her office. "Oh, it's nothing. I really want to see how it will turn out. Bye y/n!!" she says, as I close the door. I walk out of the school, where Togata is waiting. "Hey. You done with your matter?" He asks. "Yep. Let's go." I say and we walk towards to the dorm, silent this time.