Sorry Kid... You Cant be a Hero

Izuku Midoriya was walking with his head down, mind a jumbled mess of depressing thoughts.
'Idiot!' He thought as he walked along, dragging his feet through the city streets. 'Thinking you could be a hero, too.
Quirkless idiot.'

   ~Flashback~
"What you did today was very brave, young man. All heroes say that their bodies move before they can even think. Today, that happened to you. You were braver than anyone else there," ...the feel of All Might's hand still lingers on his shoulder, long past the weight of it leaving his body. The words didn't leave though.
'They never will.'

"For that be proud. You are an admirable young man, but" All Might pauses, inhaling a breath seemingly in pain, which does not escape Izuku's notice, "But it was also dangerous. Reckless....
You're quirkless, am I right?" The hero asks pityingly, looking down to young Midoriya, who's got his head bent in shame, a million emotions raging through his system, trying to hide the tears that are threatening to fall. All he can manage is a nod, afraid that if he opens his mouth he won't be able to hold back the flood.

All Might gives a heavy sigh, and says "I'm sorry kid, but you cannot be a hero. Not without a quirk. It's simply... too dangerous. You'd be better off in law enforcement or something like what we discussed earlier.
What you did today was brave, and today you were lucky, but next time... something like that will get you killed. So no, I'm sorry, but you can't be a hero my boy."

A strangled sob escapes Midoriya's lips as he falls to his knees on the pavement. The hand returns to his shoulder as it racks with sobs.
"I wish I could do more, young man."
The hero coughs.
"I'm sorry." And he begins to pull away. Leaving. Leaving with Izuku's dreams, fleeing like his hopes, his future.

'No. No please!' He reaches out and grasps All Might's hand.

"Then help me! P-please! There- there must be something-! Something you can do to he-help me... it's all I've ever wanted in life! To be like you! T-to be a hero who- who saves everyone w-with a smile. P-please. help me!" Midoriya begs.
Tears and snot now flow freely down his face.
He's literally groveling.

And yet...

And yet his hero, his idol, the man who he has put on a pedestal to rival even Gods, the man he's worshipped his entire life, turns away. Can't even look at him, as he weakly repeats, "I'm sorry kid."
Before flying up and away.
     ~~~

Gone. Just like that.

Dashing away with all his broken dreams.

His hope, his lifeline, his future, smashed by the one person sworn to protect it.

Ripped away by the very person who had given him it.

"I'm such an IDIOT!" Midoriya roars in the present, sending his backpack flying across the alleyway ahead of him. "Kacchan was right. I'm such a stupid, worthless p-"

"Hey, watch it!" Calls a voice, breaking through Midoriya's panic and rage.
Just ahead of him stands a tall, lean, older boy. He's wearing all black except for his white undershirt and matching belt. His hair is black- so black in fact, it seems to have a blue hue to it.
He's got scars all about his face, patchy purple skin that's stitched together in stark contrast to the rest of his pale face. But that's not what draws and holds Izuku Midoriya's attention.

It's the mans eyes.

Piercing, icy blue orbs stare into emerald green ones.