Twenty-Seven

"Something wrong with my party love?" Perhaps things that have yet to occur. Without speaking my mind i turned back to face Klaus.

"It now lacks its host." I mused instead. He came to join me by my side overlooking the night in all its glory. I'm sure we could have stood their silently for all the time i had to spare but something in me chose to speak out. To offer him something before i had to take instead.

"You know, the night my family became who we are was much similar to this one." I could see the question in his eyes, the want to know.

"I find that most storms hide behind tranquillity." Klaus offered back making me smile.

"I'm sure you have experiences to prove such." He nodded slowly as the wind whistled around us. 

"It's no secret about how the originals came to be and who's blood spilled to change us, what she meant to me." I bit back the smirk.

"Your precious Tatia no?" I mused as he smiled lowly.

"She wasn't mine nor Elijah's." I hummed grasping his hand in mine.

"I'd like to show you my home." His eyes met mine with question before he nodded anyway. I moved closer to him to ensure he didn't panic as black smoke enveloped around us, a gate way to a vision of the past.

One i couldn't hold for long but a sanctuary. 

The rickety hut of my old home stood sturdy centre of the madness, myself and Klaus stood only a few feet away. As i had said the night was calm and the wind blew, only the small flicker of fire in the distance.

I didn't speak a word as i lead us into the hut, my breath hitching as my eyes landed on the sight of my mother and father. They had been bed riddled that faithful night.

"That is my father, a witch. My mother the Luna of her pack." I gestured to the pair and then to their side where a small boy sat, soup in hand that he had made, his own body aghast with malnourishment.

"That boy is Ezra." Klaus looked closer to inspect him, his sickly body shared no resemblance with the man he had seen nowadays.

"What happened to him?" He asked softly.

"Times were difficult and a fight was approaching from the west, tribes had heard that we were wolves and wished to end us. Ezra was in charge of the food, to keep us all healthy he offered his share to the rest of us." As I finished another boy entered the room, his body mucky as he neared the basin to rinse himself, once he had done he grasped a clean cloth to tend to our sickly mother.

"Ezra, allow me some space would you? And wash your hands, you don't want to catch what mother has." Leon ordered placing the damp cloth on her head, wiping down her hands after.

"She was ill?" Klaus turned to me as i nodded.

"The tribes had been poisoning her with wolfsbane, she became so weak that she couldn't even fight off simple illness." Oh how i had hated them for it, my passion for vengeance sickening. My hand tightened around Klaus's as a young girl stumbled from her room in the hut, her eyes avoided those of her parents.

I had been terrified to lose them and with the threat of the people nearing, the torches and fire to push us out, i had been furious. All could be seen on my face as i grasped two of my fathers fighting blades.

"Eris." My father called weakly his power drained from trying to help my mother. The young girl didn't falter in her steps. 

"Rest now papa." She whispered. I followed her out of the hut as she passed her eldest brother, pulling Klaus along with me.