Love Language

Where we left off...

Edric and Emira get their new clothes and good-naturedly mock each other's styles.
Watching them, Eda is reminded of herself and Lilith when they were younger. There's a short flashback of them getting ready together the year Eda was Grom Queen, though she resents the reminder.

Owlbert shows up and Eda offers to introduce him to the twins. Edric is enthusiastic, but Emira stays away. Edric refers to the Owl House as home and Emira, not ready to think of it that way, leaves the house upset, stressing that she and Edric need to spend more time apart.

She walks around for a while, and just when she's about to head back, Lilith shows up. Emira lunges at Lilith to get her frustration and anger concerning the Amity-situation out, since everything is technically Lilith's fault.

Lilith casts a body shield and Emira keeps punching it until she runs out of stamina.
Lilith tries to explain her presence, but Emira refuses to listen.

Eda and Edric show up looking for Emira. Eda gets the twins away from Lilith and starts attacking her, while Lilith struggles to not fight back because she's not there to fight her sister.

Lilith claims she found a way to get the girls back to the Boiling Isles faster, which gets Eda's attention, but she demands Lilith hand over her staff before she listens to her. Lilith reluctantly agrees.

Emira is taken aback that Eda chooses to trust Lilith after everything that happened, Eda counters that she doesn't, but is also unwilling to pass up on potentially important information.

Lilith learns the twins ran away from home, but not why. It's revealed that Lilith actually tried seeking out the twins over the week via Belos' request but was told they were "unavailable" by their parents.

Eda insists the twins get back to the house because she doesn't want them in the line of fire. Emira actually wants to leave, realizing now how dangerous Lilith could be, but Edric insists he'll stay, unwilling to leave Eda alone with Lilith. Eda and Emira convince him to leave with his sister.

While the twins burn their old clothes, Eda and Lilith are left alone.

Lilith claims Belos has an Arges eye, a rare artefact they need for the portal. Lilith promises to assist them in eventually stealing it.

Eda is skeptical, causing Lilith to grow frustrated, given that she's committing treason just by meeting with her. Eda says that after everything she did that's hardly enough proof to make her story believable. She demands an everlasting oath, which Lilith agrees to.

Eda asks Lilith to provide solid evidence that what she said about the Arges eye is true by the end of the week and they go their separate ways.

Eda gets back to the twins inside and catches them up on what happened before deciding to find some more stuff to burn to cheer them up.

That night, Edric and Emira sleep in separate bedrooms for the first time. Edric teases his sister a bit before he tells her goodnight. Emira is very excited about the new room and feels like she had an actually good day for the first time in a while.

The moment Luz opened her eyes on Saturday morning, she knew there was no more denying how sick she was.

It had been bad enough yesterday, but now she felt like she was actually dying. She was acutely aware of the blood thundering in her head and could feel it violently pulsing in her limbs, sending an ache up her spine. The tiniest sliver of light, peeking through the curtains, made her eyes tear and blur and, though it didn't seem possible, made the roar in her head even louder. The sheets clung to her sweaty form and she was somehow simultaneously too hot and too cold, which didn't seem fair at all. She hadn't even been awake for two minutes and she already felt exhausted again and wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep.