H O P E

Mikael had been concerned when he hadn't seen Vivienne in the room and even more so when she didn't start her test, she had seemed so grateful over him just handing her a pencil.

He had been confused when Vivienne spent more time looking at the sheet than writing on it and his theory was proven right when he had looked through her paper and saw it mainly empty, he wished he could have given her more time but her knew it wouldn't be fair to the other students and he couldn't favor her.

He had also wished he had never asked her to stop calling him sir every time she nearly said it gave him some hope, only for it to be diminished moments later when she corrected herself, God why had he chosen now to start listening to Killian.

But God when she had started crying he had wished with all his heart he could have done something to help her even just the feel of her in his arms would have allowed him to die a happy man alas though the fact that she was only in his arms because she was upset disturbed him, he wanted her to be in his arms when she was happy or scared or anxious or just whenever he wanted to be there for her and he was determined to have her.

When Mikael entered Killians office he found Killian already sitting in his armchair with a cigar in his mouth rather that his normal spot busy working at his desk. "Pass me one."

Killian handed Mikael over a cigar and a lighter waiting for his friend to speak knowing well enough himself how little Mikael smoked, especially cigars often referring to them as posh and old fashioned.

"She was crying."

Killian sat up straighter in his chair "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything thank you very much."

Killian wasn't too sure how true Mikaels words were. "Then why exactly was she fucking crying?"

Mikael took a drag from his cigar allowing himself to sink into his chair relaxing slightly "She was late for my class and completely unprepared for the test, she barely answered anything mind you it was a practice test but if this continues-." Killians eyebrows furrowed interrupting Mikael "She didn't study?"

Mikael shook his head "No I don't think that's it, she completely broke down and she dosen't seem like the type not to put the effort in."

"I knew something was bothering her yesterday" Killian sighed.

Mikael practically chocked on the smoke leaving his lips "Why was she with you yesterday?" Killain smiked "I told you it wouldn't be long."

"She took the job?" Mikael questioned his voice rich with hope.

"I told you it wouldn't be long and from today's events she is clearly in need of some form of guidance weather she has yet realized it or not."

Killian was near restless, he was so close to having what he wanted yet so far and now she would be there the end line practically dangling in front of his face yet miles away. His progress had been minuscule but the hope he had fueled him the hope of having what he wanted at last.

"She starts Wednesday and Mikael you best hope you can fix what ever damage you have done and soon."

"And who's fault is that." Mikael childishly mumbled to himself. If there had ever been a time to ignore Killian this would had been it but no Mikael had decided to be a good friend and respect Killians wishes.

She had hugged him though, cried in his arms there had to be some form of trust or feelings there yet at the same time she had also reminded him of how there encounter was 'inappropriate' and basically ran off.

It was clear to Mikael that regardless of anything he had done both him and Killian had work to do Vivienne having her own moral battle about feelings she was having for her teacher.