•So Far, So Good•

Start from the beginning

Jimin turned and jumped out the van to check on the rest of the boys but he could still hear what Tae whispered beneath his breath. 

"There's always a choice."

"Aish Joonie stop breaking the mugs, it's going to look too staged" 

"Hyung, they just slip, it's not my fault!"

"Kookie meets cookie."

Jimin entered the cafe to find Joon surrounded by broken mugs, Yoongi looking like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world and JK working his way through the cookie selection. The cafe looked like a classic robbery gone wrong, authorities would be none the wiser. None of the boys were on government databases anyway so any fingerprints or DNA found a the scene would render them useless. 

"Can you guys help me with Hobi Hyung and Jin Hyung? They're still asleep in the hall."

"Ahh I can carry Hobi Hyung, the rest of you can take Jin. You're gonna need one for either shoulder and then one on the legs anyway." The maknae's jokes caused a smirk from Jimin and a low chuckle from Joon, Yoongi shook his head. 

With one swift motion, Hobi was swung over JK's shoulders, his floppy hair swaying to the youngest's every step as JK carried him to the van. The other three men lifted Jin and carefully carried him into the back of the van, each looking at their Hyung with concern. 

They hadn't figured out what had happened to Jin yet. All they knew is that The Academy wanted the group to have special and unique skills that would truly put them in a league of their own, but whatever it was would need some testing. They wanted to trial it on Jungkook first but Jin insisted it was him. He had a bad feeling about the whole scheme and wanted to protect the boys, he always wanted to protect the boys. 

Jin was recruited by The Academy before Jimin and Tae, just as The Academy was starting to form. The only reason they picked him was because he was an easy target, he wouldn't be missed. Jin was a homeless child on the streets of Seoul living with a few other street kids that he considered his family, he was the eldest one. He collected food for them, gave his blankets to the younger ones when it got cold, and sat up next to them every night when it got dark as he knew they were scared of what may happen at nightfall.

The Academy sounded brilliant to Jin, a roof, food, a proper chance at life. But, a few weeks in to his training Jin wanted to leave and go back to the streets to see how the other kids were getting on. He felt as the oldest one of the bunch it was his responsibility to look after them. But when The Academy took him back to the corner he once called home all the kids were gone, his family had disappeared. The Academy claimed to have nothing to do with the whole thing but Jin saw through that. However, if he protested he was worried he would be next. 

That's why he's protective over the boys, that's why he volunteered to go first. His responsibility had transferred over to his new family. 

Jin refused to speak to the boys of what happened when they took him for testing, but ever since Jin would... change. At first it was just mood swings but then it got physical, his body would change shape, even his eyes. No one, not even Jin knew what set it off or why or how. The boys called it morphing. But they were confident they would get to the bottom of it.

It wasn't long before all 7 men were bundled into the van and heading off to their base. They needed to do some interrogating before they took you back to The Academy. All the men sat in silence, none of them were looking forward to what they were about to do. You wanted out, just like they did and they couldn't blame you.