•Close Call•

The blaring of your alarm clock rudely awoke you. It read 7:15, was Jimin trying to kill you?

Yes, you decided.

Rolling out of bed, your head felt heavy, and eyes were sore, how were you going to get used to these morning shifts. Sure, you had to wake up at 5 am every morning in the Academy, but that was at least 4 months ago, and you had fallen out of that old habit. You winced as your bare feet landed on the cold floorboards, your lack of job security had prevented you from paying your heating bill. This wasn't the worst thing in the world though, the cold air in your apartment had nothing on the couple months of climate training you had to do at level 8. That was what you call cold.

Shuffling over to the blinds, your eyes landed on your open laptop that was sat on the desk. Jimin's name was in the search bar and no relevant results were evident on the page. This still didn't sit right in your head; you decided to try and get some more information out of either him or Tae later on today. Taehyung was your preferred option for information, talking to Jimin just proved to infuriate you.

With a sigh you opened your blinds. The air outside hang heavy with moisture and they dark blanket of clouds above you threatened rain.

Great, now would be a brilliant time to have a car.

Even though you were fully qualified to operate vehicles, you had a driving licence, train license and even a boat licence, the risk of someone recognising a stolen numberplate was too high and it wasn't worth it. Besides, your preferred mode of transport was your motorcycle. It was sleek black with leather binding, Sejin had made sure it was decked out with all the latest tech you could need in the field. Trackers, grenades, camouflage technology, even a self-destruct button. You name it, that bike had it. You missed the warm feel of the leather seat between your legs, the adrenalin of swerving through the traffic as you completed missions, the rush of it all.

Looking down at the street below, you noticed a bike that was similar but in cherry red. Obviously it didn't have the same power as yours did, and none of the technology, but that didn't stop you from wanting to jumpstart it there and then and take off into the distance.

A loud banging from Hoseok's apartment broke you out of your trance. It sounded like a glass smashing followed by raised voices and more banging. You knew that Hobi lived alone, and your instincts got the better of you. Slowly moving over to the wall that you shared with the man, you grabbed an empty glass from your nightstand and pressed it between the wall and your ear. It sounded like 2, maybe 3 men. Not arguing necessarily but having a heated debate. Their words were hard to make out over the banging, but one struck you by surprise.

"Y/N."

It was clear as day. The glass fell from your hand, making small, dangerous shards dance around your feet.

Shit.

The bangs and shouts stopped, and everything fell silent. As far as you knew, no one knew your real name. Not the landlord. Not Hobi. Not anyone. But you heard it, they said it, whoever they were.

Silently and carefully, you tiptoed around the shards of glass to your window and closed the blind. The jars of gas stood undisturbed on the windowpane, and you had confidence that it was the same around your apartment, the thud of a body hitting the ground would have woken you up.

Suddenly another large slam sounded through your apartment from Hobi's, a slam you recognised to be from his front door. This meant one of two things.

1. The men heard your glass drop, knew you were listening to their conversation and were about to break your front door down and take you back to the Academy.