Abhi's Ignorance

"Abhi I'm asking you, what was the need to lie to your mother??" Asked Ramya.

Abhi was silent for a while then breaking his silence he said, " Because... my mother won't like that family very much. She will get angry if I say we are going there. That's why I lied"

Ramya was confused at his words, she was still suspicious about that family and Abhi's relationship. She thought to ask him directly the reason for his mother's hatred to that family, and also the reason behind his sudden changes but, before that Abhi stopped the car and asked her to get down.

They reached Priyanka's home, Ramya went ahead following Abhi. He knows this house very well for years and years. Seeing Abhi coming inside the house Bunty came running to him. Bunty was a Labrador dog in Priyanka's house.

Atfirst it barked looking at them thinking them as a stranger, but after seeing Abhi it recognised him well and started to wagg it's tail. Abhi also started to play with him and he looked so happy. Ramya was surprised to see Abhi smiling and playing with that dog. She understood that he is very close to this family. She thought his mood was good just because he came here, somewhere she felt thinking about his rigid face while driving.

Almost Abhi forgot that Ramya was standing there, he went inside while playing with Bunty. Jeganathan was watching TV in the living room, he saw Abhi coming inside the house and felt elated.

" Hey Abhi...come in. I'm very happy that you came. At Least now you came here after such a long time" said Jeganathan, hugging Abhi happily.

He too acknowledged his warm welcome and showed his gratitude to him. He asked about Subadra,

" Uncle, where is Aunty??"

" She is inside the kitchen cooking something special for you I guess," Jeganathan said secretly and laughed. Then he called his wife and announced Abhi's arrival.

Within a few seconds she came to the living room with a happy face. She too conveyed her happiness about his visit. While they were talking Jeganathan asked Abhi,

" Abhi you said you will come along with your wife, where is she?? Why didn't you bring her??"

After listening to his questions, something hits his mind he said himself,

"Dammit I forgot Ramya, how can I do this?"

"Uncle I will be back, just a minute" said Abhi and rushed outside to see Ramya.

To his shock she was not there, he looked around the compound area but her traces were not there. Immediately he rushed outside the house and checked the street.

He saw she was standing near the car, he felt relaxed and moved near her.

"Ramya, why are you standing here?? I was worried, come let's go inside " said Abhi and held her wrist.

She jerked his hand, controlling her temper and asked him sarcastically,

" So finally you remembered my existence, didn't you?? I never thought that you would ignore me and leave me in the mid of the road "

Abhi was shocked, he realised she was angry at him. Of Course he knew that he did a mistake by forgetting her presence completely. Her anger is reasonable.

" Ramya, it's my mistake but it was not what you are thinking. Actually I met Bunty after a long time so, I was just too emotional and went inside by playing with him " explained Abhi.

" So you forgot your own wife??" asked Ramya, throwing an angry gaze. Abhi was surprised but he felt happy when she mentioned her as his wife.

" I admit that it's my mistake, and I'm saying sorry right? Ramya, please come inside Uncle and Aunty are waiting for us" said Abhi.