Nuptial knots

Elders of the families took Ramya and Sowmiya to the wedding altar. Before leaving their room Sowmya asked Ramya to rethink about her decision. She asked her to not to think about her marriage. Ramya looked at her sister, she hid per pain and gave a faint smile,

She said " How can I ignore my sister's happiness?? I'm doing right now, atleast we don't need to live separately after marriage. We both will be a daughter in laws of same family. I'm so happy that my Sowmi will be with me forever ". Sowmya got touched with her sister's love for her, she hugged her and cry.

Sowmiya asked her sister " Did you see Abhi Mama once?? ". Ramya lied to her that she saw his pics and then only she agreed. Sowmya can't believe her sister words she but she couldn't ask her further, they both went to the wedding altar in their muhurtha saree. Both the sisters looked so graceful and pretty in their wedding attire, Sowmya was blushing thinking about her love Akash at the same time Ramya was in pain to marry someone whom she hardly know.

Sundaram was in happy tears seeing his both the daughters as a brides, he was happy for Sowmi but he was in guilty thinking about Ramya. He caressed her head worriedly but she assured him not to worry and that she is happy with this marriage. Janaki and her mother in law was so happy to see their future daughter in laws, they praised their beauties and said they are so lucky to get such good sisters as daughter in laws. But nothing went to Ramya's mind, she was in terrible pain thinking about her sudden marriage.

They took them both to the wedding stage and made them sit next to their respective grooms. Ramya could see the glimpse of her future husband , who was sitting next to her but was not ready to look at his face.
Sowmya was happy to marry Akash but she was in pain to see her sister. Another side Ramya tried her best to hide her pain from her family.

When the priest chanted the mantras and started the wedding formalities, Ramya got so nervous. She started to sweat her heart beat was raised high thinking about her marriage. She remembered all her dreams about her own wedding, now all were shattered. She shed silent tears without anyone's knowledge.

Soon after that both the couples were asked to exchange garland. Abhi put garland around Ramya's neck, later Ramya does it with a little hesitation. While exchanging garlands his arms brushed her shoulders, she felt different with his proximity. Following them Akash and Sowmya exchanged the garlands.

The priest asked Abhi to tie the mangalyam ( Mangalsutra) around Ramya's neck. Looking at this Ramya got more anxious, she looked at her father once, then looked down, closed her eyes tightly to accept this marriage, her lips started to shiver in fear. Next moment Abhi tied nuptial yellow thread along with mangalyam around her neck with the three knots, while doing so he was so close to her, his warm breathe touched her neck and ears, she had goosebumps.

Similar to them Akash and Sowmya tied the knot. As per the post wedding rituals the priest asked the grooms to take seven rounds around the holy fire with their respective wives. Akash took Sowmiya's hand to do the rounds, meanwhile Janaki kept Ramya's hand in Abhi's hand, he held her hand gently. With his touch Ramya felt some connections, his touch looks familiar to her, she was confused. Both the couples took their wedding pheras with their life partners, they both promised to eachother with their wedding vows. Later Abhi filled Ramya's forehead with the vermilion, following him Akash does the same to Sowmya. After that both the groom's were asked to put toe ring to their respective wives, both does it. Finally the priest announced that the wedding was completed now they both are husband and wife. Later he asked them to take elders blessings, as he said they took their blessings.

Sundaram cried hugging her daughters, he asked them to be together forever and blessed them for their happy life. Then he took Abhi's hand and asked him to take care of his daughter well.

Abhi said, " Mama... don't worry now she is my wife, she did such a big favour to my family, she saved our respect. From now on she will be my priority, I will make all the possible things to make her happy. I promise you". Sundaram hugged his son in law with the happy tears. Ramya was surprised to hear such kind words from him, she didn't expect him to be humble. His voice was soft and gentle, she felt different.

First time she felt to look at his face, she tilted her head to see her husband, but her father covered his face. Disappointedly she looked down, but one-thing she understood that her husband is so tall, she looked down at her height and felt bad for being short. Along with his brother, Akash too promised his father in law to keep Sowmya happy forever, she blushed. Ramya felt happy seeing her sister happy.

Everyone started to wish the newly married couples, they gave their blessings to them. After sometime both the brides were asked to light the holy lamp in the pooja room as per the post wedding ritual. Both the sisters lighted the lamp and took the blessings from the god. Their mother in law asked them to have lunch and then to rest for sometime. Ramya was terribly tired as well as hungry, but she couldn't eat anything. She lost her appetite thinking about her sudden marriage, meanwhile she searched for Abhi. He was not seen there after they finished post wedding rituals, Akash was spending some quality time with Sowmi. Ramya looked at them happily.

Meantime she worried that she should have seen him atleast after marriage, now she don't know how he looks like?? Or Where is he?? She was irritated.

Unknowingly she asked what she thought in her mind little louder, "Where is he??"
Everyone looked at her surprisingly, only then she realised she said louder of what she had thought a while ago. Family members started to tease her for searching her husband. Her MIL felt so happy and she had happy tears.

Akash said, " Abhi went out to meet someone, it's something important. But, he will return soon ". Ramya didn't reply simply nodded her head positively. She felt to slap herself for the blunder she said. She found out that all looking at her curiously, so she felt embarrassed and moved away from there by giving some excuses.

She decided to go her room for sometime, but that idea broke her heart more. While going there she heard that people gossips about her marriage.

" Original bride escaped, this girl got struck"
" Don't know why this girl married him??"
" They made her a scape goat, Now this girl's life is spoilt "
" She sacrificed her life for her sister"
" How will she live with him??"
" He is not suitable for her, poor girl"

She was dead shocked to hear such statements from the guests.

Why did they pity me ??
Why all are saying like this ??
Isn't he really too bad?? Or
Did he have any problem??
Why we are not suitable ??
I don't understand anything.

To Be Continued...

***********************************

Hey Guys!!!

I'm sure the story will be quite interesting now. Kindly share your opinions about this story.

I hope you all like this new story and If you are impressed with my new chapter, don't mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further. I believe you will keep supporting me.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi