First Date

Abhi and Ramya reached the restaurant and sat at their reserved table. Ramya called Sowmi a few times but she didn't pick her call. Meanwhile Abhi called Akash constantly after some tries he picked up the call,

"Hello" said Akash.

"Hello.... Akash, where are you??" Said Abhi.

" Abhi.... sorry we can't come there today"

Said Akash.

"Why?? What happened?? All ok?? Asked Abhi anxious.

" Yes Abhi... Actually, Sowmya wanted to do some shopping, soI brought her to the mall. I think this will take time so, you both carry on. We will come home after this" said Akash.

" Ok... Fine take care" said Abhi and hang up the call. 

Ramya asked him what happened, Abhi explained that they were shopping so they couldn't join with us. She said ok.

"Ramya what do you want to have??" Asked Abhi and gave her a menu card. Ramya and Abhi both gave their orders and waited for the food to get ready. Ramya especially ordered her favourite kulfi for them both. Meantime they enjoyed the retro ambiance of the restaurant with the old songs played in the background.

" So, how is your new college?? Do you like it??" Asked Abhi.

" Of course, it is so good and the environment is also nice. I made a few friends within a few days" said Ramya joyously. Abhi smiled seeing her happy.

She asked him to share about his schooling and college, he too obliged and shared with her happily. He said he was a university topper in MBA. Ramya was surprised.

"I'm not a topper like you, I'm just average in studies" said Ramya worried.

" So what?? You are such a happy-go-lucky person, and you have a very good sense of humour sense. You will keep the people around you happy ever. It's a kind of blessings " said Abhi proudly.

Ramya widened her eyes in surprise, she asked "Really??" 

Abhi nodded his head and said, " All will not be the same, everyone will have something unique. So, don't compare you with others"

Ramya was surprised at his words.

" Actually I don't know much about your work but, I heard everyone praise you about that. So, may I know about your work??" Asked Ramya.

" Why not??" Asked Abhi with a smile and started to explain about his textile and jewellery business. Ramya was surprised to know about his achievements in young life.

They both asked each others likes and dislikes, while dining. Someone from back called Abhi's name, they both turned back and surprised to see him.

"Hi Abhi... How are you??" Asked Jeganathan. 

Abhi was surprised for a while and replied to him soon, " Fine uncle... I'm good. How are you??"

" I'm good, Abhi. So, is she your wife??" Jeganathan asked Ramya.

Abhi said "yes", Ramya smiled looking at him and greeted him, he too anticipated.

Abhi asked him, " How is Subadra aunty?? I met her a few days back". 

"Yeah... She is good. She told me that she saw you in the airport with your wife"said Jeganathan.

Ramya understood that they were talking about the woman whom she met in the airport. She also came to know that the woman and man are husband and wife.

All of a sudden she received a call from Sowmi, so Ramya excused herself and moved aside to attend the call.

"Abhi, this sunday you must come to our home with your wife for lunch, it's my request" said Jeganathan. 

Abhi was hesitant, he said, " Definitely I will try uncle, but I can't assure". But Jeganathan insisted that they come.

" Abhi...I'm your father's best friend at least for that sake you can come right?? '' Said Jeganathan. Abhi looked on.

" Please forget the past Abhi, see now you are also married, she too moved on. So, I think at least you both should be friends like before. Don't get embarrassed" 

Abhi with a thought said hesitatingly, 

" Ok uncle... I will come with Ramya".

" That's my boy " said Jeganathan and embraced Abhi. 

" Uncle, Aunty said Priya is here. So, how is she??" Asked Abhi. 

" You will be coming on Sunday right?? Then you can ask her directly" said Jeganathan with a smile. Abhi too smiled with him. 

" Ok... Abhi, it's getting late I have to leave. My friends are all waiting for me. Where is your wife??" Asked Jeganathan asked.

Abhi too searched for her calling her name, soon Ramya came there and said,

"Sorry , I was in call with my sister"

Jeganathan smiled and said, " It's ok ma, no problem. I invited Abhi and you for lunch at my home this Sunday. So, no excuses, you both have to come". 

Ramya looked at Abhi once, he nodded his head positively ,then she said politely , 

"Ok uncle"

Jeganathan left the place soon after that. The couples went to their place and sat at their table. Abhi asked Ramya to have kulfi, as her order had arrived. Ramya was lost in thoughts. Abhi patted her shoulders and called her name again.

"Ramya...What happened?? It seems you were lost somewhere " asked Abhi.

" Nothing... I was thinking about Sowmiya"

Said Ramya hesitantly.

"Oh...ok... Kulfi is here, have it all before it gets melted" said Abhi. 

Ramya denied that saying, 

" No.. I don't want to. Let's go home"

Abhi wondered and asked her,

"What happened suddenly?? "

She said, " Nothing, I have a headache" .

"Atleast have kulfi, you said it was your favourite. This is our first outing after our marriage so, I don't want to take you back without full-filling your wish" said Abhi.

Ramya looked annoyed, she was about to say something, but stopped herself.

Immediately she had two bites of kulfi and said,

" Are you happy now?? Shall we go??" . 

She took her handbag and left the place immediately to the car parking. Abhi was puzzled at her behaviour and followed her.

During the driving time Abhi noticed Ramya looked anxious, he wanted to ask her the reason. But he stopped himself by not aggregating her temper. She didn't talk with him throughout the trip, he started to play some songs while driving. Ramya got more angry seeing his carefree attitude, when she was not in a good mood. She expected him to ask her something but he was silent which triggered her temper.

To Be Continued...

***********************************