Apology

" What... What are you asking??" Asked Abhi shocked.

" Ok... I don't mind repeating. I was asking you, why should I inform you?? when you were not bothered to inform me" Said Ramya casually.

" Not once, actually twice you disappeared without any information, even after reaching somewhere you were not ready to inform me about your whereabouts or your return or anything about you. Even if you failed to answer my calls, then how can you expect me to update you on all my related things??" Asked Ramya.

He got angry, held her arms and said,
" Because we are married, whether you like me or hate me?? That's different but you are my responsibility, I have to take care of you and protect you. I promised your father, I can't break his heart". He left her arms.

Ramya looked on, " Then why are you leaving me alone and going somewhere with lame excuses??". Her eyes showed her pain, she controlled herself not to cry now. He was speechless.

Ramya took it as a chance and started to tell which she was waiting for such a long time.
" I know well why didn't you inform me, because I don't deserve it. I need such punishments for breaking your heart and humiliating you on that day" said Ramya and looked down ashamed. Abhi was surprised to see her sudden change.

" Listen.... It happened a few days after our marriage. At that time I didn't know anything about you. I'm not justifying my act , I knew I did wrong with you but, it happened when I was mad at someone else. It was all completely my mistake, I admit it. I swear I didn't mean to hurt you at any time, even after our marriage I thought to tell you everything in my heart politely, unlike this way. Due to my bad temper I lost my virtue and behaved rudely with you ". She sobbed for a few minutes, he was stunned at her confession.

" If you got angry at me for my behaviour and scolded me or complained to our family elders, maybe I wouldn't be hurt this much. But what did you do?? You didn't tell them anything, you didn't let me down infront of all, instead you left your family and went away from them"

"Do you think I will be at peace after this??
Now I'm feeling more and more ashamed and guilt to face you"

"Seriously I did not intend to say such bitter words about your looks, it came out in my frustration. Ok...I agree I was angry at your mother, disappointed at this marriage but, that is natural right?? Afterall all, we got married. I'm not a saint like you to control all the emotions, I'm a normal girl, when my marriage happened suddenly with a stranger without my wish, I lost my sense and behaved like an insane. But I'm feeling apologetic for my words and my rude behaviour. From the moment you left from there, I understood the pain you went through"

"I tried to tell you so many times but you didn't give me a chance. I know it's difficult for you but please try to forgive me, I'm really sorry...." said Ramya with tears and folded her hands in front of him for his forgiveness. He was stunned and became dumb at her sudden apology.

She said, " If you want to punish me, still you can do it in some other way, but don't leave the house and make me feel more and more guilty. Already I've suffered enough for hurting you", said Ramya and cried miserably sitting on the floor.

Only after a few seconds Abhi realised that she was waiting for his forgiveness all this while, but he misunderstood her.

He immediately knelt down infront of her and asked her to stop crying. She didn't listen to him and continued to cry. After that he didn't disturb her and let her cry until she stopped herself. Slowly her cry turned to sob and finally she stopped crying. He gave her water to drink and asked her to sit on the couch, she obliged.

" As you think I'm not so bad or arrogant to hurt others, that day I was provoked badly by a stupid person. Really I'm feeling sorry for that " said Ramya looking down.

He understood that she didn't hurt him intentionally. He thought it was his poor fate to get hate and mock from others.

" So what do you want me to do now??" Asked Abhi calmly.

With a pause she said, " You should not leave, you have to stay here with your family".

" Then...." Asked Abhi.

"Forgiveness" said Ramya looking at him.

Abhi chuckled and said, "I have never seen a person asking for forgiveness like a threat".

" I'm not threatening, I'm asking you to forgive me. If you want to continue your punishment fine, you continue. I will wait until you forgive me" said Ramya, firmly looking away. Abhi was surprised at her gesture.

He was stunned at her reply, thought for a moment and said,
" Ok done, forgiveness granted".

She looked at him unbelievably and asked,
" Really??"
He smiled and nodded his head in anticipation.

" Thank you so much. Really you are so sweet as everyone says" Ramya said.
She was so excited and hugged him to convey her gratitude. He was shocked but stood firm and didn't hug her back. Realising their awkward situation Ramya broke her hug and moved back.

"Now, shall we talk about something important??" Asked Abhi. Ramya looked at him questioningly.

He said, " The way you said may be rude but, what you said was true. I'm not suitable for you, so I think we need to discuss our future". Ramya felt bad and looked down.

" I'm not pinpointing your past behaviour, please don't feel bad. But whatever you said was true about me, I can understand that I'm not suitable for you, as you always dreamed about getting a good looking husband,I'm no way related to that. I can't let you compromise your life for others' mistakes. My mom did wrong with you, I will rectify her mistake. Really I don't want to spoil your life. If I was aware about her condition before marriage, I would have definitely stopped it definitely" said Abhi bitterly, Ramya looking at him confused. She didn't understand what he was upto. She waited for him to open up.

He took a deep breath and said, " If you want to leave this marriage you can walk out anytime, I'll support you. I will not let others force you to stay back. This is your life only you should decide. Unknowingly once the mistake happened without my knowledge but not again now".

Ramya was silently fiddling with her dupatta, she was thinking about something deeply. Abhi looked at her worried face and nervousness.

He said, " Don't worry about your father, I will make him understand. He will definitely support you. And about Sowmiya, if we talk then she will understand that you are not happy with me".

" So, what is your rep....??" Abhi was interrupted by Ramya.

" I'm feeling sleepy, it's very late, shall we sleep??", Said Ramya while yawning. He looked at her puzzled.

" I'm going to sleep here, if you want you can also sleep in this room, orelse you can sleep in your office room" said Ramya and laid down on the bed immediately. Abhi stood there like a statue, he didn't understand what she was thinking.

" Can you please turn off the lights?? I can't sleep if it is on. Bye, Good night" said Ramya with a cute smile and covered her face with a quilt.

He was surprised but anticipated her night greetings. After that, he instantly turned off the lights and went inside his office room.
Within a few minutes his room lights were turned off and he laid down on bed.

Slowly Ramya pulled the quilt out of her face and smiled looking at his room door. She self praised herself for her own plan worked well. After some time she closed her eyes and slept peacefully with a smiling face after so many days.

To Be Continued...

***********************************