17.Happily Ever After

"She got involved in some accident. I dont know the details. Look it up." His friend said, handing him the newspaper. 

Shoto snatched the newspaper from his hand, turning the pages to the headlines. 

Car crash takes place at Tokyo in the afternoon. One of the main victims involved in this accident is Pro-Hero (H/N). The crash is speculated to have taken place from the failure of brakes. The victims are presently admitted in the General Hospital.

"I have got an urgent work. I have to leave." Saying this, he ran ignoring all the calls coming from behind. He couldn't believe anything which happened, nor did he want to. His heart was pounding, harder than it ever did. His brain was filled with images he didn't ever want to encounter and his legs moved fater than it ever did.

He knew she would be pissed off, angry or disgusted when she would see him but he didn't care. He just wanted to see her for one last time, just hold her close for a last time cuz he didnt know what fate awaited and after all, he still loved her. 

Gasping for breath, he entered the gates of the hospital. Inquiring about her room, he ran upstairs. He saw Uraraka sitting in the chairs in front of her hospital room. She stood up on seeing him, with a shocked expression. She motioned him to come sit on the chair, without creating a chaos.

"I didnt know you two were meeting each other. How long has it been going on?" She asked.

"About like three months or so." He replied. 

"I didn't know she was meeting her abuser for so long." He looked down on the floor on hearing her words. "Its not like I dont respect you as a person. I really admire you as a hero and as a person. But I dont know if I could keep up that respect for you as her husband."

"I know." He replied, "Even if I look at that time, I feel ashamed. Well, how did this happen?"

"She said she was going to meet a friend and then, well this happened."

"How is she now?"

"She will probably survive. We dont know much yet. Only the basic surgery has been done." He felt his heartbeat increase on hearing her uncertainity.

"I see. Thank you." He replied. 

"When I heard about this incident, I came running to this place. Much work is still left." Saying this, she stood up, "I will now leave. Will come back in the evening."

"Ok. Bye then."

"Yeah bye." She slowly left the silent chambers of the hospital, leaving him alone. He took a small peep into her room and entered it. Some IV tubes were present, connecting her left hand to that of a bottle of a saline with a small monitor was placed beside her indicating her heartbeat. An oxygen mask coered most of her face while her forehead was bandaged. He didnt know whether she was comatosed or asleep, but he hoped it was the latter one and she would wake up soon. 

A few days passed by without her showing any signs of waking up. He would stay there most of the day, only leaving her side when some important work would come by. Not having much to do, he would sit by her side patting her head, maybe talking about the weather or some shit Endeavour did, hoping of seeing her awake soon. He would be seen talking with the doctor or buying her medications. Sometimes Ochaco would pass by and they would chat for a while.

Almost two weeks had passed by when she finally woke up. Her bandages were opened and her stitches were cut. She sat up on the bed, looking at the window when she heard a subtle knock on the door, followed by a familiar voice.

"Shoto Todoroki here."

"Come in." She replied,  when the door flung open. He came and sat beside her, with a bag in hand.