7. Act of Love

Shoto felt guilt wash over him. Inspite of caring for him the most, sacrificing their married life because of him and saving his life, what he returned her was cusses, a treatment like shit and a slap.

His legs stopped working. He didn't knew how to tell her that he even didnt remember her name.

He felt a light knock on his door. His mom went for the door and opened it.

She stood there and according to him, she looked as beautiful as a cherry blossom on a bright spring day.

She went up to him and sat beside his bed.

"How are you feeling now?" She asked slowly caressing his hand.

"Better." He said looking into her eyes. To him, they were mesmerizing and one could get lost into them.

His memories always consisted of her as a blurry figure, not prominent or clear like any other person. That was because he never really looked into her eyes and saw her. Maybe he was blinded by his hate for his father or so he thought.

He started reminiscing all the days they spent together. He couldn't help but notice how much she had changed these past few months. When she first came, she was so cheerful and when he looked at her now, her face was sullen and her eyes, which had dark circles had sunk deep into her sockets. He cursed himself for making her the way she is now.

"I am sorry." He muttered under his breath.

"Forget it. The damage is already done, Todoroki." She said looking away from him.

"Hey, so where did you guys meet? I mean you are not from the same high school." Fuyumi suddenly asked Shoto. He gave her a confused look.

"I was speaking with your mom and Fuyumi few hours back. So apparently, your dad told them that its a love marriage." His eyes widened when he heard his wife whisper it in his ears. He was raging in anger but at the same time he didn't want to disappoint his mom who was trying her best to reconcile things with his dad.

"Umm... We both were assigned in a mission and that's were everything begun." He said.

"Awww... How romantic! Fighting villains while making love!" Fuyumi cooed while his mother smiled from a distance, hearing her daughter's remark.

"Ma'am, when will you be moving in?" His wife asked his mother. He gave a confused look to his wife who said loud enough this time.

"Well... So ma'am had some arguments with sir and so she said she will be moving out somewhere for the next few days."

"Mom, so why dont you live with us. Well we have a large house and only two people to live in." He recommended looking at his mom.

"Well, your wife already recommended me that Shoto, but I dont think it will be good to interrupt your personal married life." His mother said looking down at the floor.

"No ma'am its absolutely fine. We will be more than happy to receive you. Right?" (Y/N) looked at Todoroki who gave her an affirmative nod. His mom smiled at their action.

A day passed in the blink of an eye. Shoto  had just finished packing his items to reach home. Taking his small amount of luggage, he stepped out of his room. He saw his wife signing some papers. He went up to her and asked her about the hospital bill.

"I have already paid it. Well you can repay me later and I have booked a cab which is waiting outside."

Both of them went into the cab. Suddenly Shoto started speaking.

"C-Can I ask you something?"

"What?"

"Whats... Umm.. Whats your name?" She was dumbfounded on hearing his remark. "Wait he didn't knew my name for 6 months. Was I hated by him so much?" She thought to herself.

"I know that I have been an asshole for so many days. I just wanna say I am really sorry. I know a sorry cant fix the shit I have done but you know I will try my best to fix things with you." He said breaking her thoughts.

"So I am (Y/N)(L/N)." She said extending out her hand,"Mr. Shoto Todoroki, Can we start our journey as friends from today?"

He smiled and shook her hand, "Sure."

"Well but there is a small issue." She replied, putting a hand behind her neck.

"What?"

"Umm.. Your mom will live with us and
.."

"And?"

"And she thinks we had a love marriage."

"Well.. Shit." He said clutching in a ball of his hair,"I dont wanna disappoint mom."

"Nor do I." She replied.

"So, I think we should act like a normal couple in our home. I know it will be tough but we can do it, right?" He said , looking into her eyes.

"Yes." She replied.