𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐖𝐡𝐲?

Start from the beginning

But despite his change of appearance and lack of reasonable manners and courtesy, she didn't seem to care for it that much.

In fact, he was utterly stunned once she'd taken her leave with the last word. "What are you drunk on, sir?" That one question hung above him like a knife, one with the indubitable answer of 'I don't know'.

The rest was a blur. 

And from that day onward, he'd been paying less attention to everything but her

He'd found her past writings, and upon noticing the sudden difference in her perspective and opinion, he decided to bring it to her attention.

Doing so, he proposed an offer of assistance. She'd accepted and as the weeks passed, he found himself growing more and more curious about her life for no reason in particular. Aside from the distant part of him that demanded for more... wanted to know more.

She was the missing piece of a puzzle he couldn't quite figure out. 

The thoughts clouding her rightful judgement, the doubts and worries that made her hesitant to do the things she wanted to do...

He'd considered every possibility, every prospect, but nothing seemed to quite fit her description of sorrow.

His situation wasn't fitting in the slightest. Because with every detail she revealed about herself, he'd want to get to know her more as a woman rather than anything else. And he couldn't help but wonder if that would that make him selfish.

"You once had something to cherish, something that you held so close to your heart. And yet, it seems to me as if you chose let it go. Why?" He'd asked her at the cafe, blunt and straightforward, searching for an answer.

"I can't answer that."

An answer. And when he hadn't received one...

"Because you are a coward."

He told her the truth himself.

He knew he had been harsh on her, but in his mind, he deemed it necessary.

So, he continued on with the questions, with the harsh realities... pushing for an honest answer that would fulfil his satisfaction.

"Just for how long will you endure this, Y/N?"

"Until I am satisfied."

Then he found one. A true answer.

He admired it. Her will, her strength to push forward. In all actuality, he'd never seen someone quite like herself before. However, everyone had a limit. He'd understood that fact by heart.

And the walls that she'd been mounting brick by brick seemed to have lost their definite foundation as they tumbled one by one before his eyes. 

"But I'm afraid."

She spoke, her voice trembling as if to imply her fear for revealing too much.

In return, he listened. 

And afterwards, he'd seen a whole different side of her.

He saw a broken expression that conveyed open vulnerability and heartbreak; sorrow and shadowed grief.

Undoubtedly, she was a mirror of all the emotions that so heavily burdened his own heart.

He saw not just a mere student in that moment, but a human... the very vulnerable being that she was.