Chapter Twenty Six - Kinsley

Start from the beginning

Everything Bianca said was true and I soaked up her words like a sponge, trying to understand why she was telling me all of this.

"Their love for one another runs deep and has since they were children. And that love allows this kingdom to run smoothly."

"I understand, but they are so close already, why do I need to worry about keeping them United?"

Bianca smiled at me and sipped her champagne before answering.

"Because our enemies are already aware of you and will use you to divide them. They will use you to bait them, to drive a wedge between them, knowing that the families are weaker without the two of them acting as a united front."

The thought of being dragged in the middle of the LA Mafia's grudges was terrifying, but I knew I either needed to accept that or leave them and that's exactly why Bianca was having this conversation with me.

"If you allowed them to become divided not only would our Kingdom become weaker, but you'd have to choose between them. Could you ever do such a thing?" Bianca asked.

"I could never. I need them - both of them." I admitted honestly.

"Then be their peace, keep them united strong together." Bianca turned to face the crowd as she sipped her champagne, letting her eyes drift from one powerful man to the next.

"These men put us in elegant gowns and dazzling jewelry so they can pretend we are just trophies. But while the man is the head of the kingdom, the woman is the neck. Able to turn and manipulate the head as she sees fit...our job is to support, to keep the head clear so proper decisions can be made. Do you understand?"

Bianca's words, while extremely intimidating, made me feel valued and important - made me feel powerful.

"I understand." I said with a smile, squaring my shoulders and lifting my chin slightly as we faced the crowd together.

"Now that's how a queen stands." Bianca said, giving me an effortless wink before joining her husband.

I stood between Tyson and Dane, pulling them on either side of me, giving them both my undivided attention and suddenly realized what Bianca meant. I willingly handed my power over to them, but I was far from powerless. I had the power to strengthen their love for each other, but I also had the power to destroy it.

I pulled Dane in close and squeezed him tight with one hand so he'd know I needed his touch and wanted him near. I clawed Tysons neck with my other hand as he ate up my desperate kisses.
And for the first time I didn't hide from the heated stares of the mafia royalty around me. I wanted them to see, wanted them to know that Dane and Tyson's hearts belonged to me.

Once the lights flickered, signaling us to take our seats, Tyson and Dane led me up the large staircase and I was buzzing with anticipation for a number of reasons.

"Would you like a refill Miss Wright? Or possibly a glass of champagne?" A waiter asked as we reached the top of the stairs where the private boxes were located.

"No thank you, Justin." I said sweetly to the young waiter who had practically served only me during the reception. It was the least I could do to learn his name and address him properly.

"Two glasses of champagne." A woman snapped in a voice that was less than kind as she brushed past me.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I'm am to serve Miss Wright and Miss Wright only. I'm sure the bar is still open in the foyer if you'd like to get your own drink." Just said before exchanging a quick glance with Dane.

The woman's jaw slacked and she started to fume, cutting her eyes at me as if I had something to do with Justin's behavior.

Dane glared at the woman while planting a kiss on my cheek before leading me away to our private seats and I knew better than to ask any questions. Whatever that was, Dane seemed to have it under control.

My breath caught in my throat as I stepped down into the small private box that overlooked the opera house, giving us perfect views of the stage and the hundreds of seats below us. It was beautiful and I lifted my hand to cover my gaping mouth at the sight.

There were only seven seats in the private box and we took the three in front with me sitting between Dane and Tyson.

My heart was beating a hundred miles a minute as my eyes swept over the beautiful intricate details of the theatre and the hand painted embellishments of the set pieces. It was something I'd never been able to experience and I was soaking in the experience.

"Like what you see?" Dane said quietly against my hair as the lights when out.

"It's beautiful." I muttered with my eyes still wandering, finding something née to admire everywhere I looked.

"Thank you for bringing me here," I said excitedly looking up at Dane then up at Tyson before the orchestra started loudly and stole my breath.

Dane placed his hand on my leg where the slit of my dress exposed my right thigh, while Tyson extended his massive arm along the back of my chair using his meaty shoulder as a headrest for me.

I clutched Dane's hand and leaned against Tyson never having felt so cherished in my life.