"eunji...," doyum backed away.

"don't tell me you lied," she slowly put the pieces together. "don't tell me it was all made up, all made up by you." she walked closer to the older boy, disappointment building throughout her body.

"hey, hey, hey," doyum put his hands up, slowly backing up as the girl came closer.

he took a seat on the roof and looked up to the girl, putting on an irritated face.

"look! i think you're cute okay?! and all this time we've been talking, that dumb boy has been in my way and i was desperate for a way to get him out!" the older broke out in an angered cry.

"you bitch!" eunji leaned down and slapped him.

standing in front of the boy, she yelled, "i did that all just for you? did you ever once think about what i felt? i even called you for help!"

holding his palm up to his now red cheek, doyum yelled back. "this is all your fault! maybe if your dumbass could keep your mouth shut then we wouldn't be in this situation!"

"fuck you, it's not my fault and i know that! you're terrible, genuinely! and unlike you, i know my self worth and this," she pointed between her and the boy, "is not worth my time."

the girl didn't spare him a look and went for the rooftop door, running down the stairs and back to the school hallway. doyum was ditched at the top, frozen in disbelief.

eunji wasn't angry, but rather more disappointed. she thought the two of them were actually getting closer over the past few days just to find out that he betrayed her trust right in front of her face.

"god how could i be so stupid." even if she declared to doyum that she knew it wasn't her fault, some part of her blamed herself.

————————— <3 —————————

across the campus, doyum was fed up with a certain boy.

apparently he wasn't good enough for the girl and now he'd messed up beyond repair. if you're already too far down, minus well just go all the way right?

"you!" doyum shouted as he walked into almost empty courtyard. he spotted a familiar face sitting at one of the tables.

"hey! doyum hyung! are you going to practice tonight?" jungwon enthusiastically turned at the noise, greeting the older. doyum was like a big brother to the boy during his years on the team, especially since he joined at a young age.

but his smile quickly faded when he spotted the older's squinted eyes and lowered eyebrows. he realized and refrained from saying anything more.

doyum didn't reply but rather grabbed the boy by his arm, twisting it and pulling him hard to the ground.

"i hate you so much, you know that?" the younger was groaning on the floor, stunned by the pain the older created.

"what the hell?" jungwon managed to mutter out.

the younger boy attempted to lift his body and sit up on the floor, rubbing his definitely injured arm with his free one.

"shut your mouth, don't talk. you're making this harder for me," doyum cried out, tears forming in his eyes.

"hyung, are you okay? your shirt is wet with ... tears?"

the concerned look on jungwon's face was the last straw and doyum took his fist and punched the boy's face. aiming for his cheek, his hand went higher than expected and directly hit his eye.

"won..." doyum took a step back. horrified at what he caused, he was frozen in his spot. and the worst part was, that throughout this whole ordeal, not once did jungwon swing back.

"get away from me!" mortified, jungwon stared at the now unfamiliar boy and covered his swollen eye with his hand. he couldn't process what just happened and ran off.

"jungwon oh my god... what have i done."

the older's legs fell to the ground as he sat there and cried. embarrassed and self-humiliated by his actions, he nervously ran his hands through his hair as tears of regret rolled down his cheeks.